angel-A... pretty much a farcical hollywood-rom-com style film except in french and b&w (really beautifully shot around gay paris)... mrs.k (much more the luc besson fan) hated it with a passion but i found it surprisingly enjoyable on account of the unlikely pairing of the main characters and the cinematography. 6/10

Edited by keltoi

Guest the anonymous forumite

Savages - 5 / 10

Oliver Stone lost it a long time ago now, for sure. The last good movie he made was U-Turn. I was hopeful with this one but got disapointed, too many cliches, horrible 80s soundtrack, bad acting, and just a barely decent story.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

going to try and see lincoln tonight at the afi fest. not sure how early we gotta get in line to ensure we get in so we'll see. not excited for the film at all. can't help but laugh at tommy lee jones in the trailer and be unimpressed by DDL too. plus i'm sure its all lovelied up by spielberg. so yeah.

Haven't seen it yet but most people are pretty much in love with it. Anyone who says otherwise is looked down upon it seems. I'm not in a complete rush to see it though.

Just saw Sinister, that new horror movie with Eathan Hawke.

6/10

I enjoyed it and I recommend it though.

I'm a sucker for any halfway decent horror movie that has a few genuinely good grabs in it.

This one sorta delivered, but it was very formulaic and felt a bit "budget" to me.

It makes me think that a solid horror flick isn't that impossible to make, from a production standpoint.

I often enjoy shitty horror films, just based on the fact that you can clearly see how all of the strings are being pulled. It makes you feel like you outsmarted the man behind the curtain.

Now I just have to make my own horror movie :D

safety not guaranteed - shit movie. they start straight, but when things involve some real thought, they go with silly. the story is pretty ok up to a point, but motives and characters are about as bland as hallmark movies. and i hate the indiezation of movies these days. everybodys so quirky, and indie pop is in the background of every scene.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

lincoln spielberg/10

well i wasn't excited for this and expectations weren't too high and it exceeded them. ddl was excellent of course why did i doubt him. his storytelling moments were great. tommy lee jones was hilarious. i don't know how accurate this film is as i don't know your history so well. john williams score sounds like a john williams score. the ending was handled ok seeing as everyone knows the ending already. people cried.

we went and queued for 2 hours for a free screening as part of the afifest here in LA. apparentely it was the premiere and JGL was there. and DDL. i think spielberg too. anyway when we got inside something was wrong, we're not in the premiere we're in the overflow. still a nice screen but no jgl,ddl, etc. not sure if we even had a chance to be in the main screening. it was all very weird.

Edited by Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest Mirezzi

Moonrise Kingdom - Boring Beyond Belief. I'm completely done with Anderson. Darjeeling was worse than Mr. Fox, which was worse than Life Aquatic. Moonrise Kingdom is probably the worst of all.

Based on all the love it's received here, WATMM may be the only place where Anderson still somehow yet inexplicably gets a pass. Maybe it's because most of you are pedophiles.

:pedobear:

Moon - 8ish, this is the scifi we need. the 2001 references did their work too.

and yes Happiness is amazing, even saw it in religious education class (not sure whats it called in English lol) back in high school.. :p

Edited by vincentvc

peopel are giving moon way to much credit just because it looks good. it's an interesting concept but is shown in a rather shallow way and the characters never really develop. it feels like shooting 1/3of it ate the budget of a whole movie so they just kinda made it slow and turned into a whole feature. kinda just out of nowhere gets to the point and goes 'tah dah' instead of exploring it, setting it up a bit more thoughtfully, making me care about sam rockwell a bit. and it's not even that revolutionary of a point. i don't buy it.

I agree. I liked the film, but what happened in it didn't seem very believable.

Edited by Gocab

Guest RadarJammer

Moon would have made a much better 45 minute episode of Outer Limits than feature length movie. For how cool it is and how much I genuinely enjoyed it in theator it has surprisingly bad repeat viewings value for me. I don't think I could be engaged in this movie twice which sucks because science fiction is my favorite genre.