Edge Of Tomorrow does look pretty good actually

Watched Into The Night http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089346/ yesterday. Jeff Goldblum is a dreamboat.

jim henson, david bowie, dan aykroyd and michelle pfeiffer as the female lead, wow, how did i miss that this existed. Guess it must have been terrible, but after all this time and given the cast hrmm, i read some reviews, maybe if it was recut without so many cameos it would have worked better. nwae, i'll put it on my if i get the chance list out of curiosity.

is Edge of Tomorrow worth it?

Absolutely! I was extremely surprised by it. I was afraid it was gonna end up like Battle LA, but the tempo, pacing, and some really cool scenes made it worth it. One of the most entertaining movies I've seen in a loooooong time.

2nded

3rdeded

the raid 2 - amazing looking fight/action scenes. everything else was kinda bland though. also i can't get over how silly it looks when the protagonist is fighting 15-20 people at the same time and once they go down they just lie there on the ground wiggling for the rest of the fight like a videogame character stuck in some sort of animation loop.

Edited by data

0WnaOVG.jpg

really enjoyed this documentary. i don't think you even have to know (or love) stones throw to enjoy and appreciate the story, which kinda starts to lose steam as the label also begins to lose focus once the main characters begin to either move on or die, but still remains very interesting and genuine

The Tunnel - Found footage film where every other word is "mate", where the thing from the end of Rec stalks some people like in Blair Witch. Not as good as either. 2/5.

^lol, I watched that yesterday. Went on a found footage horror mini-binge.

That one was def the weakest of the bunch, I rapidly lost interest.

The other two were The Bay and The Poughkeepsie Tapes, both pretty great if you have suitably low expectations when going in.

^lol, I watched that yesterday. Went on a found footage horror mini-binge.

That one was def the weakest of the bunch, I rapidly lost interest.

The other two were The Bay and The Poughkeepsie Tapes, both pretty great if you have suitably low expectations when going in.

I don't mind people running around in the dark and I'm happy with some ambiguity but it needs some depth, unless I missed it there was not even a hint to what the monster could have been right?

I'm a fan of both of those, The Poughkeepsie Tapes fucked me up a bit, particularly when they interviewed one of his captives at the end. Have you seen Lake Mungo? It's not amazing but worth a go. I think Grave Encounters may be my next one but it looks like it has the potential to be very cheesy.

Edited by tec

220px-Sickoposter.jpg

another documentary where michael moore (democrat and progressive) learns the hardway that caring about people is something the united states doesn't do

Unmistaken Child (link for part 2)

you might know the dalai lama reincarnates, he's been the same dude since the 1300s supposedly. well other lamas, spiritual masters, can also deliberately reincarnate and their followers seek out their new incarnations. in 2001 a lama died and a documentary followed the quest of his 21 year old disciple to find his master's baby body. they find him, a 3 year old, shave the baby, he gets authenticated by the dalai lama. 10/10

MV5BMjIyNTQ5NjQ1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODg1

a mishmash of films: from the good the bad & the ugly- deception/buddy plot, django (the original)- scenario + title, the americans & rawhide (multiple buddy scenes) and mandingo (ufc slave wrestling matches @ leos): this movie is more of a mixtape than a film. at one point i actually thought it was mocking the western genre mostly because of the music, dialogue and overral sillyness but i realized it was tarantino's attempt at levity

Hmm...

Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Never read comic, but stylistically and storytelling wise, this film is pretty solid and fun. Yah- I loved the aesthetic. 8.7/10

Run Lola Run

Haven't watched this in nearly 15 years, but, it was as fun as when I first watched it. Still got tha psychedelic knowledge and secret wizdomz and points to it. Fun overall, seemingly fast paced due to great fluidity. Good job. 8.54/10

Ted

Lotta laughs, good points about living life, solid overall. Gave me more hope for Hollywood film quality. Made me realize that a Family Guy film could be amazing and possible to execute. Also made apparent that stoner-esque films don't have to be stoner-centric, story wise. 9.2/10

The Kid With A Bike

This reminded me that simple storytelling alone, could be a film. Haven't watched such a simple story with simple messages in aaages. Pretty solid, but not one of those films you tell your grandchildren about 50 years later. Slight editing issue in the beginning made apparent that I was watching something put together by people (who make mistakes/mis-judgments)- and being such a humble project- somehow brought out the beauty of effort itself. 7.8748951/10

under the skin is really good! best NEW movie i,ve seen since wolf of wall street

also, snowpiercer was alright,bit long i thought,makes me wish someone would make a fallout3/nv type movie

Edited by sunshine recorder