Paperhouse is one of the first films of Bernard Rose, one of my favourite filmmakers. Really makes film as if a lens over fantastical human lives.

Ivans XTC, Boxing Day and Kreutzer Sonata all have Danny Huston in playing as lead. Watch his films over and over again.

Paperhouse is one of the first films of Bernard Rose, one of my favourite filmmakers. Really makes film as if a lens over fantastical human lives.

Ivans XTC, Boxing Day and Kreutzer Sonata all have Danny Huston in playing as lead. Watch his films over and over again.

Paperhouse is a truly outstanding film and Candyman is great too. Are all his other films worth checking out?

Unbanned? Crikey,,,,,,dont worry, neutral tones will be adopted.......

Going to see The Duke of Burgundy wiv da missus. The thought of Sidse Babett Knudsen as a lesbian dominatrix/lepidopterist in severe make-up was too much to resist. Just let that notion sink into your mind a second......

duke-of-burgundy-sidse-babett-knudsen.jp

Oh snap I've had Ivans XTC on DVD for years but not got around to watching it. Had no idea it was the same director as Paperhouse.

Will check it out at the weekend.

Vampire's Kiss. Every scene was gold

Nic Cage/10

I honestly think this is one of Nic's best.

it is, mainly because it's also one of the best surreal dark comedies ever made.

Nic Cage/10

it is, mainly because it's also one of the best surreal dark comedies ever made.

I don't think the director intended it to be a dark comedy (I think he had no idea what he was doing) but it turned into this giant WTF with Nicolas Cage as the actor.

this commentary says it all

Nic Cage/10

I don't think the director intended it to be a dark comedy (I think he had no idea what he was doing) but it turned into this giant WTF with Nicolas Cage as the actor.

Wow. I have to watch that movie.

Nic Cage/10

interesting because the writer, joseph minion, also wrote 'after hours' which is the only good scorsese comedy (i think kings of comedy was considered a terrible movie). also one of the producers (besides the writers at the time girlfriend) was barry shils who lives just a few blocks away from me :)

Edited by Nebraska