dunno, essentially they are the same movie?

thought D9 started interesting but then got very meh imo.

but it's good that Blomguy is reflecting on his own flaws.

the gritty / mecha / dismantling action stuff he does is somewhat special tho, nobody else does that quite like him...

it could be interesting, applied to the alien biomechanics, or something.. still - he shouldn't direct the movie. oh god.

Heyloo

long time lurker with a cherry bursting first post n'all that,

yep, i've read the rules...

Anyway, fave film of the mo for me is Brainstorm, classic SciFi from special effects guru Douglas Trumbull (2001, Bladerunner, close encounters..)

oh Yeah, there's a nice GX1 cameo at 5m20s in for all you gear nuts ;)

Watched Tree of Life again the other day. Still very beautiful movie but forgot how religiously preachy it is and that kinda turned me off. It almost feels like the movie expects you to go into it believing in God. Still, a lot is left up to interpretation and really the core of the film is about the loss of a loved one and how people handle grief, remembering the person

No one can plan a concrete foundation pour like Locke so he's got no business driving south to make amends for his indiscretions. He should have found a better way to lay down a smooth path.

Guest kymppinetti

Whiplash was okey. Liked really much J.K. Simmons performans. Made me think OZ all over again, I was waiting gay raping but no.

No one can plan a concrete foundation pour like Locke so he's got no business driving south to make amends for his indiscretions. He should have found a better way to lay down a smooth path.

Ba-dum tsh!

ghostbusters-was ok,slimer and stay puft where still cool but i don,t remember the hounds of zuul looking so ropey,sigourney would defo get it tho,6 yr old niece loved it 6/10

How dare you!? Ghostbusters is a masterpiece.

yeah,i loved it when i was 10,bit disappointed with it seeing it for the 1st time in about 20+ years,still watching ghostbusters 2 next week tho

i think i liked it more rewatching it with my niece and nephew

and GB2 i enjoyed loooads more, mainly cause the tunes..i swear id seen a different tv version that didnt have all the decent tunes in it

wyJauzJ.jpg

this film had terrible casting eg. james franco as hugh hefner, the kid from the oc as harry reems, sharon stone as the mom- basically everyone seems miscast including the main girl who is too pretty to be linda lovelace. also, the movie plays once, then repeats everything again (so you can see it from linda's perspective): so it begins to drag.

a big fat meh

'Blood Tea & Red String’ dir. Christiane Cegavske

fairytale of stop motion hybrid creatures who pursue curious quests in their surreal world.

no acting nor words - just strange sounds & music.

a beautiful anomaly/10.

Blood+Tea+and+Red+String.gif

qCcRsjO.jpg

a pretty good story- it's not quite as brilliant as it would have you believe- but the real alan turing was a fascinating human being. cumberbatch is a fine actor, but i felt like the dialogue was somewhat limited and banal, often resorting to silly hollywood-esque color.

7.5 encrypted crossword puzzles out of 10

Vanishing Point

Loved this. Very dream like, pretty ambient yet enthralling at the same time. Feels like the baby of a Lynch and Malick one night stand.

pep pills/10

Honeymoon - Maybe the most annoying couple in film history, you are almost glad when bad things begin to happen to them. However, the end has someone stabbing their own genitals so it narrowly escapes a 1/5.

2/5.

qCcRsjO.jpg

a pretty good story- it's not quite as brilliant as it would have you believe- but the real alan turing was a fascinating human being. cumberbatch is a fine actor, but i felt like the dialogue was somewhat limited and banal, often resorting to silly hollywood-esque color.

7.5 encrypted crossword puzzles out of 10

Was expecting much more from this. Though Cumberband was better as Sherlock Holmes.

The movie didn't know what story it wanted to focus on - was it Turing's persecution for his predilection for sucking penis? was it his efforts during the war? was it his boyhood friend who led him down the evil path of gay? Film was too short to explore all of these properly.

Agreed on the banal dialogue.

6 enigmas out of 10.