Honeymoon - Maybe the most annoying couple in film history, you are almost glad when bad things begin to happen to them. However, the end has someone stabbing their own genitals so it narrowly escapes a 1/5.

2/5.

ha when you were asking for recommendations a while ago I was gonna recommend not watching that one..or maybe i did that i dunno

Honeymoon - Maybe the most annoying couple in film history, you are almost glad when bad things begin to happen to them. However, the end has someone stabbing their own genitals so it narrowly escapes a 1/5.

2/5.

ha when you were asking for recommendations a while ago I was gonna recommend not watching that one..or maybe i did that i dunno

I don't recall that you did, but somehow it got decent reviews everywhere so I thought it was worth a go. One of those moments where I said five minutes in "how can this possibly be good? Do you want to keep watching it?". Foolishly we did.

spoilers ahead..

hobbit 3 - very weak, the most interesting character is killed in in the first 10 mins, and then with a few exceptions it's pretty much a 2 hour long sequence of various cgi-fested battles which simply became mindnumbing. with the exception of the fight against nazgul and the whole eye of sauron mindfuck it was all very bland.

Edited by eugene

Rudderless-I like Lawrence Fishburne as a retired music shoppe owner. Pretty dark subject matter.

Also, I keep going back and watching the last 15 minutes of whiplash. Mostly for that 5 second scene of Paul Reiser quietly staring through the doorway. His expression is perfect and I loved that drum solo.

Fury. the final third of the film got real cheesy and the ending was meh, but I enjoyed it. this film's worth watching for the tanks alone, apparently the German Tiger tank shown in the film was a museum piece restored to working condition, which is pretty fucking cool.

the part where the young German soldier discovers Norman under the tank but just smiles at him and moves on was total Hollywood bullshit though

Whiplash was okey. Liked really much J.K. Simmons performans. Made me think OZ all over again, I was waiting gay raping but no.

Saw it twice in two days... I've never done that with any movie. The last scene is completely mad.

9,5/10 yes THAT good.

'71 - gritty and tense flick about one night survival of a british soldier amongst the irishtinians during the troubles. it's not bad but it's nothing new, ie both sides have assholes and good people, war is bad and puts people in situations without a good possible outcome etc message is bludgeoned in.

Edited by eugene

Just watched Sunshine. Didn't even know about this movie until a week ago. Anyway, I liked it, one of the better scifi flicks of the recent years, if not the best.

Also, Rose Byrne, yum!

the strange little cat (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2586000) - probably the movie i understood the least and enjoyed the most. it's full on art house/experimental indulgence, but unlike most of those kind it's very warm and intimate with hints of harmsian surrealism (though without the violence) and other mysterious peculiarities, all tied up by a recurring, beautiful instrumental track. i like this stuff.

Valhalla Rising. loved it. don't care that it's practically a silent movie, the direction and themes explored were perfect to me.

udUdGL9.png

the real world- with vampires. watched this with a bunch of friends and i was the only one not enjoying it. great production design but that's about it

The Conversation......FF Coppola & Gene Hackman get in too deep n an early 70's gem. Hackman is so different in this to the kind of character in French Connection,

watch out you field recordists/10

Only God Forgives, and Blue Valentine. enjoyed both. the world needs more romantic dramas that are like Blue Valentine.