hmm, the trailer for i origins makes it look pretty cheesy, and the whole spirituality thing makes me cringe. i can't stand movies where the main character is a man/woman of science and then learns that "oh but there's something else ..something more ..something we can't understand", fuck ooffff.

might check it out.

hmm, the trailer for i origins makes it look pretty cheesy, and the whole spirituality thing makes me cringe. i can't stand movies where the main character is a man/woman of science and then learns that "oh but there's something else ..something more ..something we can't understand", fuck ooffff.

might check it out.

it actually skirts around that pretty nicely, the science people stay completely scientific, but i don't wanna spoil, it's worth a watch.

Edited by eugene

Edge of Tomorrow - Not total shit, Maximum Cruise Charisma, 7/10, will read the Manga.

I thought the gimmick got annoying kinda fast on this movie. Elysium was way more enjoyable imo.

$(KGrHqZ,!h4E6GpGDyyqBOt)k(533w~~60_35.J

a classic piece of cinema right here. despite emanuelle in america being more popular, this one (considered to be one of the rarer ones) is, imo, a vastly superior film. the story is the typical women being kidnapped then used as sex slaves for crazed dodgy mob boss type dudes who get off on hearing screams while they pound away like madmen and laugh maniacally, plus some picturesque globetrotting with karin "perfect" schubert

The Cabin In The Woods. I want to call this bullshit but part of me grudgingly appreciates it. the meta-ness of it is clever. but it's also obnoxiously up its own ass.

Edited by usagi

the most entertaining part was when all hell broke loose in the facility, that was cool. but the tired rehashing of old horror tropes - the same vanilla college kid characters in the same boring-ass slasher/zombie/whatever situations, running breathlessly while covered in gore and spouting deplorable Whedonesque dialogue - that all needs to go away forever imo. it's done.

ultimately it didn't even matter that it was all self-referential commentary, the fake setup, even as a parody, was just so banal. you can only milk the classic 70s/80s popcorn horror ideas for so long. it's 2015, mayne!

and it didn't scare me one bit, except for one lousy jump scare. that part was totally lost in the midst of how clever this movie was being.

Paperhouse

Well made little late 80s gem from the director of Candyman. About a young girl who creates a fantasy world through drawings. Nice imagery and score.

Just biked in to say I fucking love this film.

You know when you get films you can watch over and over the way you'd put an album on? This is one of those for me.

And Gummo, for some reason.

You could argue that ' the same vanilla college kid characters in the same boring-ass slasher/zombie/whatever situations, running breathlessly while covered in gore and spouting deplorable Whedonesque dialogue' was kinda the point though.....

blue ruin was pretty disappointing.

theory of everything. deece. some really ham-fisted overly sentimental stuff. also heard they did a bunch of bullshit hollywood stuff to make the movie more dramatic. (creating a friend who never existed. changing timeline stuff around). as if stephen hawking's life isn't exceptional enough.