IGNORED

Machinedrum - Vapor City

cear

Have met Travis a couple times when he was in Brooklyn (about 4-5 years ago mind you) and he always seemed like a super nice guy. Was very appreciative when I said I had been a fan of his since Now You Know, maybe that had something to do with the fact that I was smoking a joint and willing to share though, haha. Yes, he does dress quite silly but I always assumed it was tongue in cheek.

I've also seen Hannibal Burress perform and I think he's very funny most of the time. I don't really understand the Twitter feud, seems like a silly over-reaction unless they're both just having a laugh.

Either way, neither of them act like total twats like Zomby and I am big fans of both in their respective crafts, so just keep doing what you're doing fellas...

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, no, it's him. I saw him a few months ago and he had that exact ironic goatee. lol @ Tony Nelson. what an awful name.

it's the photographers name not a misprint of the real name behind Machinedrum

this, yeah.

so, is there any explanation of the 'concept album' aspect of Vapor City yet? beyond that it's supposed to represent different boroughs of a city? the city is imaginary, right? Machinedrum, feel free to answer this yourself :fear:

I like it actually, I feel DJ Shadow is finally finding a new sound, it's better than most of his recent solo stuff. It's still not perfect or anything, but considering he's had to try to find a new sound this is pretty good. It has to be tough being so well known for pioneering music that's more or less fallen by the wayside while also trying not to simply abandon his style and methods for a current fad.

I bet if he could collaborated with someone else he could produce some excellent tracks, that's why UNKLE's Psyence Fiction was a classic. Like, Kevin Martin + DJ Shadow would probably be amazing.

I was like holy shit until the 1:50 mark and then :derp: I love shadow 'n all but way to poop on a remix

that stupid hyphy (? im not hip enough to know what genre of shitty rap he's calling back to) part only goes for a whole minute, so at 2:50 the remix actually gets really good. I haven't listened to DJ Shadow for a while, but i think it's pretty awesome minus that minute.

Probably. Hyphy seems like one of those exceptionally arbitrary genres (like crunk) where it's clearly more of a regional scene descriptor. I haven't bothered with trying to familiar with myself with it much anyway tbh, but DJ Shadow mentioned it a lot during The Outsider release in 2005.

I hope machinedrum releases his remix of that Three Six Mafia tune he keeps dropping in recent mixes. It's heavy as fuck. All in all I love machinedrum. Was listening to his barker & baumecker remix only a few minutes ago. Looking forward to all his new stuff for sure.

didn't post this to provoke another twitter fluff shitstorm, but i just found it odd that an insider of the "by filesharing stricken music industry" is openly speaking about software filesharing.

the tweet has been taken down so I suppose ninja tune, etc weren't too happy about it..

didn't post this to provoke another twitter fluff shitstorm, but i just found it odd that an insider of the "by filesharing stricken music industry" is openly speaking about software filesharing.

the tweet has been taken down so I suppose ninja tune, etc weren't too happy about it..

Having watched interviews with the fellow I can't say that he comes across as particularly media/word savvy. Hell of a musician though.

unfortunately i still used the cracked Reaktor as well, and not because I'm too cheap to pay for it. I actually own it, i paid for it. The crack is far easier and more convenient to install and get up and running. The registration process crashes for me a lot. In fact when i first bought Reaktor 4 the online server for registration was down for 3 days in a row, so i ended up finding a crack before I get the legit copy working.

nice, can someone find me a really good artist to draw imaginary cities i've dreamt about? thanks

Gilles Trehin

an autistic savant who has invented (and since 1984 been depicting and documenting) an imaginary city called Urville.

urvgen1.jpg

Archived