IGNORED

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

cear

Have we mentioned the track list yet? iTunes still had jack fuck in that dept.

1. "Give Life Back To Music (ft. Nile Rodgers)" 4:34

2. "The Game Of Love" 5:21

3. "Giorgio by Moroder (ft. Giorgio Moroder)" 9:04

4. "Within (ft. Gonzalez)" 3:48

5. "Instant Crush (ft. Julian Casablancas)" 5:37

6. "Lose Yourself To Dance (ft. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers)" 5:53

7. "Touch (ft. Paul Williams)" 8:18

8. "Get Lucky (ft. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers)" 6:07

9. "Beyond" 4:50

10. "Motherhood" 5:41

11. "Fragments of Time (ft. Todd Edwards)" 4:39

12. "Doin' It Right (ft. Panda Bear)" 4:11

13. "Contact (ft. DJ Falcon)" 6:21

feat feat feat feat feat feat feat feat

this album is going to suck. quote me on that.

I really hope this album will have lots of guest vocals and collaborations with other famous musicians. That would be perfect.

Sarcasm got his wish.

hmm yeh

when was that pharrell dude ever relevant.. let alone have an addition as a vocalist? (apart from sales..)

although it is out of context and in low quality..a meh from me towards that coachella thing

pharrel and the neptunes were very influential for a while, even tagged as geniuses. then they realized they really liked money and being celebs.

they remixed harder better faster stronger on daft club. their connection with daft punk is not a new thing.

tbh it's one of my favorite remixes. very well done.

i had really strong feelings that this would be awesome based on the short clips

but after hearing that pharrell verse my expectations have changed somewhat drastically haha

not a fan of that bit

still have generally positive feelings about the whole thing though

HD version of it:

As much as I respect Daft Punk I highly doubt they can actually play bass, drums or any other instrument.

I might be wrong, dunno.

Not defending them but I do know they both come from backgrounds in bands so they probably can.

Guest RadarJammer

deferring their image to costumes and masks works well when they are underdogs but now that they have a multi million dollar marketing budget there needs to be some tabloid rumors or something to keep them from seeming too much like sterile gimmicky husks.

Guest PolyKrome

Really think the hype is getting to everybody's head with this release. I was not really expecting anything too dissimilar to what has come before, but I got even more of a shock when I saw that Pharrell track. Honestly, that's just really bogstandard pop music right there!

Really think the hype is getting to everybody's head with this release. I was not really expecting anything too dissimilar to what has come before, but I got even more of a shock when I saw that Pharrell track. Honestly, that's just really bogstandard pop music right there!

This. And this (by Morgan Geist):

The year is 1979. There's tons of anonymous disco records coming out every week, failing to register a blip on the Billboard charts. And almost every one is more interesting than the Daft Punk snippet that is basically my entire FB feed right now.

Honestly I feel like this album will be a godsend.

I don't know how much you all have in contact with the 20-something mainstream american dance/party scene, but my god I can't tell you how pathetic it is. Going out to bars and house parties in a college town makes me so depressed listening to the utter utter shite that is played night in and night out. At this point most people know Daft Punk, and if making Pharrell sing a track or two means we can have repackaged disco instead of fucking taylor swift dubstep or beauty and a beat or anything else then I'll be pleased as punch.

And so yeah it's fine for us disco heads and neckbeard douches to complain that it's derivative and not good and blah blah blah, but jesus christ if I can dance to that at a generic big club on a saturday night filled with hot drunk women then they get my vote!!

here's hoping

edit: has this leaked yet?

Edited by dr lopez

HD version of it:

As much as I respect Daft Punk I highly doubt they can actually play bass, drums or any other instrument.

I might be wrong, dunno.

they can both play guitar and bass guitar. not sure about drums, but i wouldn't be surprised if they could.

Guest PolyKrome

I don't know how much you all have in contact with the 20-something mainstream american dance/party scene, but my god I can't tell you how pathetic it is. Going out to bars and house parties in a college town makes me so depressed listening to the utter utter shite that is played night in and night out. At this point most people know Daft Punk, and if making Pharrell sing a track or two means we can have repackaged disco instead of fucking taylor swift dubstep or beauty and a beat or anything else then I'll be pleased as punch.

And so yeah it's fine for us disco heads and neckbeard douches to complain that it's derivative and not good and blah blah blah, but jesus christ if I can dance to that at a generic big club on a saturday night filled with hot drunk women then they get my vote!!

here's hoping

I honestly feel sorry for you if that is what you have to contend with. But maybe you should think about fucking off those places you frequent and go somewhere else that has good fucking music, with women who are cool and like good music it too? Don't rely on bogstandard pop music to lift you out of that rut man - I mean that in the nicest possible way though dude!

im in pretty strong agreement that this pharrell shit is not a good sign

i also agree with lopez to a certain extent

but I'm not on or off any "hype train"

bottom line for me:

major thumbs down to Pharrell verse and not a good sign

here's hoping

I honestly feel sorry for you if that is what you have to contend with. But maybe you should think about fucking off those places you frequent and go somewhere else that has good fucking music, with women who are cool and like good music it too? Don't rely on bogstandard pop music to lift you out of that rut man - I mean that in the nicest possible way though dude!

yeah well when you don't live in europe or a big american city that has smaller venues playing more niche dance music you have to kind of check your ego and musical tastes at the door if you want to have a good time with friends. I love the my music taste is superior bedroom soapbox stuff as much as the next watmmer but partying with my friends is also important to a healthy social life so :shrug:

HD version of it:

I might be wrong, dunno.

not with those gloves on, well you'd just about manage a few basic notes on a bass, nothing fancy. its all show.

it sounds very disco, not a fan of daft punks disco or any other disco myself, prefer their harder edged side.

radio, hollywood, columbia, let them on. it all sucks. will probably come with a sticker "featuring kayne and friends"

Guest cult fiction

Song sounds real nice, except the drums are mixed poorly and they sound especially awful during the vocoder part. Listen to that little kick trying to find some space in the mix, struggling, and giving up...

It is a world away from Around The World in terms of overall creativity.