IGNORED

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

cear

Guest extherium

Daft Punk are such perfectionists - they spent a 2 whole weeks on their last album...

Hahah, just what I was thinking!

Shame really. Human After All was clearly pushed out to get fans familiar with the material before they took it on tour. And that's really the only reason why HAA exists, to be mixed live. The Alive 2007 tour put it into context.

Daft Punk are such perfectionists - they spent a 2 whole weeks on their last album...

Hahah, just what I was thinking!

Shame really. Human After All was clearly pushed out to get fans familiar with the material before they took it on tour. And that's really the only reason why HAA exists, to be mixed live. The Alive 2007 tour put it into context.

i don't buy that. after the fact, you can make any excuse for a shitty album to try to rationalize its existence, but it doesn't make it true.

they doing totally insane things like using real instruments and playing disco?that Todd Edwards dude is a piece of work.

Funnily he's the guy from records of whom Burial learnt his vocal chops, if I'm not mistaken. The chops that, needless to say, overruled the popular electronic music world. Edwards sounds like a bum in a limousine compared to Moroder and Rodgers.

they doing totally insane things like using real instruments and playing disco?that Todd Edwards dude is a piece of work.

Funnily he's the guy from records of whom Burial learnt his vocal chops, if I'm not mistaken. The chops that, needless to say, overruled the popular electronic music world. Edwards sounds like a bum in a limousine compared to Moroder and Rodgers.

for real? that is very interesting. he came off as someone who didnt know much as a producer. who doesnt know you multitrack instruments in a studio? i havent played anything since the alto sax in 8th grade marching band* and i knew that.

*drunken drum machine and pots and pans jams not withstanding

for real? that is very interesting. he came off as someone who didnt know much as a producer. who doesnt know you multitrack instruments in a studio? i havent played anything since the alto sax in 8th grade marching band* and i knew that.

That's why i suspected that we were all being daft punked ... as viral marketing for the album .. hence my not driving to the back end of northern NSW for a non event.

Not that i don't like just randomly driving places for the sake of something to do. But there is a cost angle, and i'm not a bitcoin millionaire.

very surprised at the daft punk love here. I've always found them very simple repetitive. but not the good repetitive. just back to the hook for lack of ideas.

shit what should we do? maybe drop it out a bit, add a robot voice hook and then put four to the floor with high hats on the 8s? yea ok, just wear this helmet. cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CevNiV0BTAE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P48Z5dZkNqk

Edited by Xyrofen

oh yes dp pls tease me with ur music i cant wait so much etc etc

also reddit look like theyre spunkin buckets over this so its definately gonna be shit

Edited by RichieBees

Guest Grim on Mbient

They really know how to tease their fans with all these legendary episodes. It seems like they lift their own status way up by releasing this record. All these forgotten producers will shine once again and all seem to enjoy to collaboration with Daft and almost treat them like gods. Daft Punk really know how to connect the dots!

I pre-ordered the vinyl. Now let's hope it'll arrive one day ahead on the 20th of May, because that's my birthday :)

Whats up with this "the world needs something new" shit? As if there isn't a fuckton of innovative new stuff happening all the time. Marketing speak

Whats up with this "the world needs something new" shit? As if there isn't a fuckton of innovative new stuff happening all the time. Marketing speak

Yeah let's make something totally new, that sounds just like Homework.

I still have a pre-release boner for this record though.