IGNORED

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

cear

Guest PolyKrome

Honestly I feel like this album will be a godsend.

I don't know how much you all have in contact with the 20-something mainstream american dance/party scene, but my god I can't tell you how pathetic it is. Going out to bars and house parties in a college town makes me so depressed listening to the utter utter shite that is played night in and night out. At this point most people know Daft Punk, and if making Pharrell sing a track or two means we can have repackaged disco instead of fucking taylor swift dubstep or beauty and a beat or anything else then I'll be pleased as punch.

And so yeah it's fine for us disco heads and neckbeard douches to complain that it's derivative and not good and blah blah blah, but jesus christ if I can dance to that at a generic big club on a saturday night filled with hot drunk women then they get my vote!!

here's hoping

edit: has this leaked yet?

I honestly feel sorry for you if that is what you have to contend with. But maybe you should think about fucking off those places you frequent and go somewhere else that has good fucking music, with women who are cool and like good music it too? Don't rely on bogstandard pop music to lift you out of that rut man - I mean that in the nicest possible way though dude!

yeah well when you don't live in europe or a big american city that has smaller venues playing more niche dance music you have to kind of check your ego and musical tastes at the door if you want to have a good time with friends. I love the my music taste is superior bedroom soapbox stuff as much as the next watmmer but partying with my friends is also important to a healthy social life so :shrug:

Being with friends is healthy, I hear you on that one! :beer:

Song sounds real nice, except the drums are mixed poorly and they sound especially awful during the vocoder part. Listen to that little kick trying to find some space in the mix, struggling, and giving up...

It is a world away from Around The World in terms of overall creativity.

it's like a bad remix of around the world (which I also think is bad)

shit talkers can suck a disco dick.

HAA was pretty awful but the first two albums were fucking amazing and I still have faith.

Also, Crydamoure and Stardust with probably my favorite house single of all time.

I fucking swear people have the shittiest, unforgiving tastes in music nowadays than ever before. Most people on here jerk off to Italo Disco singles (because the artists never came up with anything more than that) and C-side acid craps over and over again for 5+ straight years with no fault to the artist, but god forbid Daft Punk make some mainstream French house. It's not like they helped put it on the map or anything.

WATMM and music can suck a bag of dicks.

Guest cult fiction

Pharrell sounds high as fuck in that video

"Somewhere outside of the ether that we exist in is a multitude of realms of possibility and alternate directions and I think they just went in those libaries[sic] and dusted off those things"

Maaaaaaaang. That speech makes me wonder if they really walk around in robot masks talking through vocoder in order to have suitable image for those burnt out bohemian crackheads. "You don't even need MDMA to enjoy this music" - best compliment.

Guest igloos unlmtd

I think I know what my favorite section of the album is going to be :

11. "Fragments of Time (ft. Todd Edwards)" 4:39

12. "Doin' It Right (ft. Panda Bear)" 4:11

Todd is one of my all time favorites - he just has a soulful feeling with every track.

Panda Bear is a little hit & miss sometimes but I think with Daft behind him it has potential. I kind of hope it's not just him singing though (this might be disappointing) , but more along the lines of his Kompakt influenced loop based first album.

Yeah, I'm not too sure about the vocals in the teaser but I can't really make a judgement until I hear the full song. I really wish Bernard Edwards could have been here for the album. What a gem from that era - his basslines would take this to a whole 'nother dimension.

Edited by igloos unlmtd

Guest extherium

It's interesting that they went with Pharrell, as opposed to Justin Timberlake or Miguel. They're far more talented vocally than he is.

Daft Punk / Timberlake collab would be fucking amazing.