IGNORED

New Autechre EP - L Event

kiya

not listening to this ep anymore...faks with my head! every time after listening for it i have to wash the weirdness and sickness with yjy ux or sublimit

I can almost entirely relate to this post, except for the part of not listening anymore. It does fak with the head. And after a couple of repeated listens my mind craves for miley cyrus. Not sure why, but it might have something to do with skimpy outfits and shaking buts.

That's weird, I listened to the EP on Friday before going to sleep but then woke up Sat morning with Mileys We Cant stop song in my head ( which is a top tune to be fair) is this EP just a conspiracy to programme us all into liking Miley Cyrus!?

Anyhow am in love with this EP so dark and fucked up. Osla for N has a wicked vibe but is my least favourite on the EP, think it will be a grower though. The other 3 tracks are Autechre at their very best!

It (Osla) has a tonality that sorta recalls Iera and the Trees, for me. The ambiance makes it worthwhile

funny you say that, I do get abstract untilted vibes from it.

Seems like I will like it. Some rather abstract and somewhat mechanic stuff. Tending towards Draft era. Sean and Rob, hear me: Next album pls even closer to Confield, thanks. ;)

Yeah, in Osla I immediately heard Iera shine through...

Edited by Guest

I like Osla a lot, and yeah on Untilted similarities.

In reference to newbound "taking the piss". If anything I feel that way with m39 in a kind of dangling the carrot for a certain kind of chre sound...if that makes sense.

Not that I don't like M39, it was the first track I heard and made my journey home a pretty sexy experience.

[youtubehd]bDvZ6-O06Yw[/youtubehd]

this and other stuff on rechenkonig reminds me of l-event . like unfleshed artifact skeletons to l-events juice meat

Holy shit this album is incredible, thanks for posting that!

Joseph is right, he has a Shostakovich avatar :) For those who don't know: Shostakovich>Ae.

All in all, I like the more darkish approach of L-event.

Edited by Guest

Joseph is right, he has a Shostakovich avatar :) For those who don't know: Shostakovich>Ae.

This is so cute, two people with Shostakovich on the avatar in an Autechre forum. Who would have thought. I agree that Shostakovich has more letters in it than Ae and even Autechre for that matter.

Guest Rulohead32

All in all, I like the more darkish approach of L-event.

WAIT WHA

4Sp3T.png

OMF LETS BE BFF

Ppl keep mentioning notched snares. How do you hear a notch filter? I can hear bp, lp, hp but notch filters don't seem to do much to the sound in my experience.

think of a 'notch' filter as in what a phaser does but not necessarily moving in time. In this Tuss track it sounds like he's controlling a notch using an LFO on those hihat/noise sounds, and since it's a light notching effect it doesn't sound like a typical phasor has a little bit a of a different sound to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81ZgDM_w74Y

Meanwhile I'm coming to the conclusion, L-event must be an Ae-Chris Douglas collab :music: Or Sean/Rob got inspired by Dalglish/O.S.T/Scald Rougish. However, I'm open for a new experimental era. I don't feel like I want Incunabula vibes back. Melodies: Yes, subtile. But no traditional beats pls...

Confield++;

However, I'm open for a new experimental era. I don't feel like I want Incunabula vibes back. Melodies: Yes, subtile. But no traditional beats pls...

Confield++;

This! I like the direction they're heading in.