IGNORED

Burial - Rival Dealer

bubbhasdance

[youtubehd]djD3ed7JwiY[/youtubehd]

I want a bully to give this guy a titty twister for wearing that blouse, and those fucking glasses. This guy makes me hate ALL music.

yowza mcbowza

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think I have to take a sabbatical from watmm until this "anal poop" thing dies off. so long wankers.

Likewise. Please notify me when Limpy has left the building. Peace

I'm in this camp too

I always have been

Ouch, the guy who hates women doesn't like me. :sad:

I don't even know Ludd. I'm sure he's a cool dude, though. Sorry you don't like me, mate.

I kinda do, don't I?

As for my behaviour in this thread:

I really kinda take it to heart when people get nasty about Burial

while musically he's certainly not an underdog

he is not responsible for the hype that surrounds his music

he's just a reclusive dude who makes choons

probably just like many WATMMers

so I guess that

along with really liking his music

I kinda root for him as a person too

and when people spew hatred his way

it just bums me out

so in the spirit (though probably not quality) of Dadaism

I thought I'd protest in my own little dumb way

I hope his next EPs fix the enviromental and political issues around the globe. Burial 4 president.

edit: goddamnit, this EP has turned me into a bully. I will stop. Maybe playing it backwards will help. Sorry Burial.

The "angel" phrasing belongs to Mary-Ann Hobbs, she distorted the message as only her orgasmic mind could do

Are you sure? I listened to it and it sounded like she read it as part of his text, regardless of how it's being reported by some sources.

So much funny jokes on bullying, bad effort for good cause.

The "angel" phrasing belongs to Mary-Ann Hobbs, she distorted the message as only her orgasmic mind could do

Are you sure? I listened to it and it sounded like she read it as part of his text, regardless of how it's being reported by some sources.

I haven't listened to it, though i'm in disbelief Burial used these words.

I just split all 3 tracks into separate "coherent" sections so I can randomly play em....

So now i have a 10 track EP......

(could have done anther split here in there....)

Rival Dealer - I've been watching you

Rival Dealer - I have chosen you

Rival Dealer - Trying to find

Hiders 1
Hiders 2
Come down to us - intro
Come down to us - inter
Come down to us - 2
Come down to us - 3
Come down to us - outro
Am I stupid or what?

I haven't listened to it, though i'm in disbelief Burial used these words.

Fair point, although having heard this EP, nothing would surprise me anymore. :smile:

I don't understand the message. Is the kid being bullied because he's trying to sell drugs on another kids patch?

You're kidding but I've been thinking the thematic samples in Rival Dealer might be a somewhat misguided attempt to tie it in with the other two. It's the hardest track he's ever done, replacing his regular R&B and 2-step influences with hip hop and hardcore. The ambient outro is much closer to those on his previous releases, too, not at all as overwhelmingly sentimental as the other two tracks. If you look at the 12-inch, despite Come Down To Us being a couple of minutes longer they squeezed that on one side with Hiders and dedicated a whole side to Rival Dealer. The two sides are like polar opposites and it feels a bit forced to fit them into one narrative. Maybe that's all part of the concept but I have no clue what the title has to do with the anti-bullying message.

Rival Dealer is such an awesome name. It has vibe to it, sliding on a stylistic cliche territory yet feeling real. I would watch a movie under this name (Pusher trilogy is pretty good, for example). I suspect he chooses names purely for aesthetical purposes. But i don't like the angel's spell idea, say something outside of your marketed image. Angel's spell? A robot could generate that at this moment in time for Burial.

Archived