IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

How cute of bleep to immediately add Syro to your available downloads. And that you get the image and nothing but the image if you do.

(was hoping for a pre-leak for a sec)

I wonder how long they'll prevent it from leaking.

Anyway, do you guys know if it's possible to (partially) cancel a pre-order at bleep ? I bought the LP and CD, not knowing the Japanese edition would have an bonus track. Am considering grabbing the CD from Amazon/HMV.jp instead, even though I'm scared it might turn quite expensive...

Edited by lin

this design is genius (not joking)

it's intriguing, unique, it stands out from everything you've seen before,

it seems to have a secret code or a hidden message

this is a design that will be remembered and recognized between thousands.

who cares it's not "beautiful" ! it's better then that

+1

this design is genius (not joking)

it's intriguing, unique, it stands out from everything you've seen before,

it seems to have a secret code or a hidden message

this is a design that will be remembered and recognized between thousands.

who cares it's not "beautiful" ! it's better then that

+1

+2 it is beautiful, just not to societys standards! :(

i hope it comes with a genuine receipt with everything printed on it

It's a funny cover, me like

yes, the cover if very afx-y if that makes sense.

the last thing i want is to look at an afx cover and see some pretentious artsy bulshit.

the cover art makes sense is what im saying

Edited by Deer

post-14797-0-21601900-1408679539.jpg

good to see richard's operation was a success

so the physical form of the album covers gets posted and people mostly ignore it?

is the one on the right the CD version? someone translate pls <3

it says

new album after 13 years

bonus track only for Japan release

first bath of cds come with booklet / poster (presumably text on one side, small poster on the other) -

bottom right box says - special offer for Tower Records - Designers Republic designed limited "clear file" i.e. plastic slip file, probably A4

So the thing on the right probably isn't the cd cover - it's the free plastic folder you get from Tower Records

Maybe I'm really late here, but did you guys READ THIS ON WARP.NET????

01. minipops 67 [120.2][source field mix] [aka the manchester track]

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Guest setanor

i can only be glad most of you whiny bastards aren't actually involved in the process of developing and approving album art

do you not understand how 'confounding expectations' is actually a thing that leads to confounded expectations?

Yah, defo gonna be at Tower Records in Tokyo on release morning to get the limited special shitz. Maybe get an extra or 2 for investment or whatever.

Anyone else here gonna be in Tokyo at the time? We could meetup and sleep outside like Syro is a new iPhone, and then I can steal your copies and run away. "ALL THE SYRO IS MINE."

The "color on front/back clearfile" is this (except with... color and looks opaque):

g_20130513-111737.jpg

Edited by peace 7

Guest rd1994

pretty much somthing the last 10 or 20 pages have been jizzing about

For the Dutchies out here, a nicely written (but cynical) article about the whole Aphex hype, mentioning watmm of course:

http://www.djbroadcast.nl/features/featureitem_id=2092/Wie_is_Aphex_Twin.html

The guy Rene Passet is of course sort of a veteran in following Aphex, but forgets to mention any released music after 2005's Analord (an hour+ worth of new Analord tracks, the Tuss, the live tracks so far), although the CW album is mentioned.

It's been posted a number of times already lol

But I don't blame you for not keeping up with like 5 different threads full of inane banter

Also, some other shops in Japan have their respective custom badges and other shiz.

I'll be going to the Shibuya Tower Records, which is the same Tower that I bought RDJ Album at in high school.

It feels good to be excited about a physical release again... Here is me when I was 16 impersonating the RDJ Album cover ~1.5 years after release:

mu_RDJA16.jpg

AHAHAHA...

Here is the accompanying quote from my Geocities page at the time:

In this pic, I kinda tried to impersonate the cover of Aphex Twin's "Richard D. James Album", with a slightly evil look. Very good album, by the way. I would recommend it to anyone that's into electronica. This is also the first pic that I took with my new frames. (added 5-24-98)

I lost that exact pair of glasses when moving back to Tokyo ~1.5 years ago. So it's AAAAAALL COMING TOGETHER!!!

Anyway, fuck..... SYRO.

Guest bitroast

Anyway, fuck..... SYRO.

lol !

If having geocities page "back in the day" is not testament to be true fan i dont know what is. Great jobx

How cute of bleep to immediately add Syro to your available downloads. And that you get the image and nothing but the image if you do.

(was hoping for a pre-leak for a sec)

I wonder how long they'll prevent it from leaking.

Anyway, do you guys know if it's possible to (partially) cancel a pre-order at bleep ? I bought the LP and CD, not knowing the Japanese edition would have an bonus track. Am considering grabbing the CD from Amazon/HMV.jp instead, even though I'm scared it might turn quite expensive...

I cancelled the CD part of my order for this reason. They were very swift about it. I just sent an email to support@bleep.com

Also, some other shops in Japan have their respective custom badges and other shiz.

I'll be going to the Shibuya Tower Records, which is the same Tower that I bought RDJ Album at in high school.

It feels good to be excited about a physical release again... Here is me when I was 16 impersonating the RDJ Album cover ~1.5 years after release:

mu_RDJA16.jpg

AHAHAHA...

Here is the accompanying quote from my Geocities page at the time:

In this pic, I kinda tried to impersonate the cover of Aphex Twin's "Richard D. James Album", with a slightly evil look. Very good album, by the way. I would recommend it to anyone that's into electronica. This is also the first pic that I took with my new frames. (added 5-24-98)

I lost that exact pair of glasses when moving back to Tokyo ~1.5 years ago. So it's AAAAAALL COMING TOGETHER!!!

Anyway, fuck..... SYRO.

do you know if they already have the bags?

That Minipops programme a few posts above was the first thing that popped (pun intended) into my head when I saw the Minipops title. Awful programme; I was 7 when it was on TV, and even at my tender age I could tell there was something very wrong about it.