IGNORED

Aphex Twin "Syro" - Alcofribas review

Alcofribas

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"anastasio" this is also known as the "metz track" also the "manchester track" and i think also "melodies from mars." it's the one where richard swung a midi keyboard from the rafters at a barbeque or something. it's written by dopplereffekt i think but it's a cover of pendercki or maybe gorecki. tbh those are the only "eckis" i could think of atm. it's basically just one of those melancholy eric satie ripoffs from "drugs". it's evidently meant to be an eulogy for trey anastasio from that band the grateful dead.

my sides

I feel like this is not a cohesive set of reviews (like the Drukqs-review) but more like a collection of old reviews alcofribas had lying around. That said, I feel like every time I'm going to read these reviews I'll read every one of them in one go, unlike his older reviews where I skip like half of them...

Also, why did he use a different editor for the first review than for the others?

Guest Roksen Creek

When can I download this review on bleep? Rich Text Format obv.

I ordered the hardback book, so the download should be there for me right?

"i believe that having a perfectly reflective disc with no scratches is itself symbolic of the art of film which is nothing if not a mirror in which the viewer may perchance gaze upon herself through the peculiar material body of the art piece, as though through a glass darkly. in some respects the three vinyl discs of aphex twin's "syro" serve a similar function albeit one shrouded in darkness, as though through wax. darkly. likewise i find the unformed vinyl clumps depicted on the labels do verily invoke the prima materia, the very massa confusa from which we as persons are formed, the formless unconscious out of which our conscious personalities arise. and the music that transforms from the material contact of needle in the groove is indeed representative of the spiritual transformation undergone in the musical experience itself. in so far as these lachrymose quiddities developed in tandem with this track i feel it is incumbent upon me to be obliged to confess the track is "quite good." [this was ghost-written by tinymixtapes]"

and this is where i fucking lost it xD

10/10 alco.

Alco would it be possible to give us the list of the gear you used to write this review pls ? That would be very inspirational. I think I've already figured out that you've been using a computer keyboard, maybe ?

I'm sure I've recognized some WATMM text editor too...

The font size is wrong, it's maxing out in my laptop screen, fucking shit. Just write the review for SAWIII, learn from George Lucas you spaz, anything good comes in threes.

I saw a copy of this review floating around on the darkinterwebs a while back whilst I was browsing for new midi robot albumens. I didn't really understand what was going on and at first glance I thought it was written in Italian so I ran it through babelfish and wtf it returned a recipe for baking carrot cake. I made the cake using the ingredients it listed, which mostly turned out to be things you really shouldn't put in a carrot cake. To cut a long story shot (TL/DR) i've spent the past 4 weeks in an LSD induced alternative reality full of pixies and drum machines. Quite good, 7/10 would do it again.

Guys I *think* I just found some reviews written by alco's 5 yr old on some pirated Wordpress software-- they read like ee cummings mixed with Dorothy Parker. lush stuff haha I guess it does run in the family!

Archived