IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

holy shit, a melodies from mars track!

its gonna be so so so so good!!!

edit: he needs to post 26 more if he wants to keep up with the page count! ahaha

Edited by MIXL2

hoping we get some nice quality downloads available soon in bleep or something. my ocd would love the neatness convenience of it all.

my odd is off the charts right now.

this is definitely his answer to the Ask Autechre Anything marathon. no doubt.

You know, just wanted to take a second and appreciate how incredibly generous this is. After such an incredible drought of music (that we know of, at any rate), it's truly mindblowing that Rich has decided to open the floodgates and give us a peek inside the vault. It's even a bigger treat to hear the various versions/stages/developments of tracks - some of these kind of feel like sketches, some of them feel more like fully fleshed tunes. It's like getting a chance to look at the private journals of Keats or something. Absolutely fascinating - not to mention it's like offering a man who has been dying of thirst for a decade an entire lake to imbibe - my belly's gonna burst!

Three fucking cheers for the man. Fucking AWESOME.

so amazing to hear that MFM track in full resolution (even if only at 128) so much more detail than in the rip of MFM that we have, or is this a different mix with "more layers" in it? either way. SOUNDS SO GOOD!!!

71 1st bank track....didn,t richard say in a recent interview he lived in an old bank for a while and it was a bit spooky when he was alone in there? kinda matches the vibe of the track

ofcourse. I can't tell if it's yelling or something being dragged in the vault throughout the track. thought he mentioned something about dragging a chair & recording it...or was that clark?

so amazing to hear that MFM track in full resolution (even if only at 128) so much more detail than in the rip of MFM that we have, or is this a different mix with "more layers" in it? either way. SOUNDS SO GOOD!!!

it seems to be a slightly different mix, a few different sounds here and there