IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Jesus christ, this is amazing. For years it was so quiet around him. I remember how much I was into the whole Tuss speculation during the Myspace days. Now we have a new album, a new EP en tons of ( probably ) older work.

I get the feeling AFX somehow had a change of heart and decided to share allot of his hidden gems with the people who appreciate them.

"No, it 'll never all come out"

But but thanks for everything that does! :aphexsign:

Highly unlikely that he's deliberately pacing out posts based on audience reaction or anything like that. Sorting and digitizing all those tracks takes time, so does uploading them, and then there's general life stuff.

Oh and about that chronological-releasing theory : have you noticed that the last 3 or so tracks were all made from 89 to 91 :D ? Nice change of mood after the ICBYD/RDJ fest we had previously !

I almost wished he had released it all via Bandcamp so we could pay our own price or buy it for a set fee...

I'm keeping hope that he'll do that eventually, that's why i'm holding off on these low quality sc rips.

maybe his plan is to select x amount of the tracks for a compilation, the tracks with the most likes?

don't wanna jinx this, but should we start guessing the number of tracks? :)

when he tagged the diskhat ALL mix as '1/483', i have a feeling he wasn't lying

What you're implying there is complete insanity i want you to know that

heheuhueuehe

also: notice 'bellbrk' is tagged as #aphex instead of the usual #afx !

Edited by petina

don't wanna jinx this, but should we start guessing the number of tracks? :)

when he tagged the diskhat ALL mix as '1/483', i have a feeling he wasn't lying

What you're implying there is complete insanity i want you to know that

heheuhueuehe

also: notice 'bellbrk' is tagged as #aphex instead of the usual #afx !

Would be awesome if the hashtags really coincided with the monikers he chose at the time of making these tracks to potentially release them...I mean, it would be like : "OK, done with the crappy AFX stuff. LET'S HAVE SOME APHEX ACID"

Edit : and by "crappy" I mean "amazing"

Edited by StocKo

I don't think there's going to be any kind of compilation or alternate release of these tracks. I think this is just his way of being rid of them, releasing them out to the world cheaply and easily and without any legal/label hassle. Now, that said, he may be keeping some back, perhaps for a release, but I doubt that.

That 3rd Armpit makes me wonder who it is at least. Sounds pretty old, and some are quite good... the others, not so much.

Guest lionelfischer

LionelSFisher - is it you, Jasphm? :emotawesomepm9:

nope, just an rdj fan, longtime lurker, finally had a post that seemed worthy to share. check out those accounts, the random tracks i peeped before batch downloading all of them seemed legit as fuck to me. and they all share comments/trolling between the legit afx soundcloud accounts and are following eachother etc