IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Guest PurpleMoustache

Downloaded and added to my ongoing album (At some point I gave up and downloaded one at the 120 track mark, and I've been adding on to it). Counting deleted tracks, we are up to 252. Crazy!

is there a specific part I should be listening to for this? i cant tell, if its a different mix it's strange the track title would be exactly the same (doesn't seem to follow his previous naming conventions)

Already mentioned this earlier, but 0m55s - 1m13s is where it's at. If only that bit was in the proper released version :)

Yeah, I slowed the track down to 33 1/3 and that bit there is shocking good, lush padwork and the drums are almost windowlickerish. Top bit of the track. The end gets a bit too hardcore for me, but c'est la vie

PS, don't forget about this acid edit he did too:

Is that Warriors Dance thing def Aphex? Where did it come from?

Yes, if you believe the rare AFX blog. I asked the guy behind the blog and he said this: I was close to Rephlex many years back so got a few bits and pieces...

During the Syro release they also posted about this on their site and on Reddit, etc.:

In celebration of the new SYRO album, RareAFX will link to 2 never-before-heard AFX recordings.

Afaik they've yet to upload the second track, or Aphex beat them to it with the dump. Not sure. The edit is good though, solid, minimal and very effective.

Yes, if you believe the rare AFX blog. I asked the guy behind the blog and he said this: I was close to Rephlex many years back so got a few bits and pieces...

During the Syro release they also posted about this on their site and on Reddit, etc.:

In celebration of the new SYRO album, RareAFX will link to 2 never-before-heard AFX recordings.

Afaik they've yet to upload the second track, or Aphex beat them to it with the dump. Not sure. The edit is good though, solid, minimal and very effective.

Yeah but aint he the bell end that thought some of the soundcloud tracks werent actualy afx? Anyhow loving the fact downloads are now enabled grabbing now.. Katiacid on repeat tonight me thinks... fucking love that track

You should ask him on SC.

By the way, just came back from two days with no possibility to check Soundcloud, man what a surprise this track is.

So nice to come back to this!

Thanks Richard!!!

holy shit now i undertand all the praise for the boxenery track getting goosebumps all over, its like 100 tracks in one. Afx skills to the max.

i think he went mad between 99 and 2003 and made this insane dsp ultra detailed dont know what style tracks. hope he uploads more to sc.

btw has anyone confirmed if this boxenergy remix is actualy any different to the one that was on the rephlex site all them years ago? Admittedly it’s been ages since I’ve heard it and not sure where I have it to compare, but the soundcloud one defo sounds a tad more mangled to me than what I remember.

Guest cult fiction

btw has anyone confirmed if this boxenergy remix is actualy any different to the one that was on the rephlex site all them years ago? Admittedly it’s been ages since I’ve heard it and not sure where I have it to compare, but the soundcloud one defo sounds a tad more mangled to me than what I remember.

They are the exact same file size

I altered the metadata on my old mp3 so it's slightly different bytewise, too lazy to diff just the non-metadata parts, but I'ds ay there's a realll good chance it's the same

Excellent news on the DLs, anyone still compiling them together on Mega?

Updated with the latest enabled downloads:

Updated 19 September 2015

Tracks 1-112

Tracks 113-157

Tracks 158-175

Tracks 176-230

Tracks 231-252

File names are unchanged, as downloaded from Soundcloud. Tracks uploaded as WAV/AIFF/ALAC have been transcoded losslessly to FLAC to save a little space.

Artist and Album tags for all tracks are 'AFx' and 'Sc' respectively. Track numbers are the order they were uploaded in, and the title tags are as on Soundcloud (i.e., including the numbers, and any capitalization or other differences from the file name). Comments and artwork for each track are in the tags too. I included some hashtags in the Comments tag here and there, only when I wanted to preserve them for some reason (so not those where it's just "afx" or "early afx" or whatever).

Any tags from the original files besides what was already in the Comments tag are missing. The Traktor or iTunes stuff is gone, but occasionally there were also different Title or Album tags like 'dats digital', 'un dat comp', et cetera. I've deleted all of that for the sake of uniformity. I've resorted to keeping a separate folder with the unchanged files to preserve everything, but you can download those off of Soundcloud obviously (except for the two deleted tracks which were untagged anyway as the only available MP3s are of their 128 kbps streams).

It'd be nice to let me know if you find that I messed up somewhere (missing or bad files/tags/whatever), with so many tracks it's getting easy to overlook things.

the length is the same as the original track and so is the title, are people hearing differences in it vs the original? I feel like I am but i could be imagining it. would kill to hear anything else like this that's unreleased

different mix

is there a specific part I should be listening to for this? i cant tell, if its a different mix it's strange the track title would be exactly the same (doesn't seem to follow his previous naming conventions)

Apologies, thought you meant different vs the 2 Remixes version.

This: https://mega.nz/#F!HMcAgABI!TXaiAlHSGTno2ki_TuoJPQ needs updating stat, cause I prefer the formatting of the mega rather than the random rich files :p

It'll get updated soon :)

Took me a while to get to it but, Mega repo has been updated! A few of the tracks Richard has uploaded are monophonic, so I made copies that are converted to stereo because some players don't play mono files. All downloads that are native WAV or AIFF also have FLAC, MP3 and WavPack versions available.

The latest (fourth) batch of downloads: http://we.tl/YJgMK1HifS

I've included all 55 tracks (Triple D - Nightmail), two of which weren't downloadable but I added the stream rip (128 kbps) of those in the batch.

Thanks!

Now, here's everything!

https://mega.nz/#F!HMcAgABI!TXaiAlHSGTno2ki_TuoJPQ

"Cheetah7" in WAV, FLAC and 320CBR

"Throatie" in both mono and stereo MP3 (some devices can't play mono-channel MP3)

Includes the two tracks (#001 and #071) that MikeP massaged (EQ/limit)

Includes the no-fadeout version of "35 SAW II un road shimmer"

Includes all JPGs

Includes all track descriptions in TXT

The four tracks only available in 128 streaming quality (#069, 099, 204, 222) are suffixed "_128.mp3"

ID3 tag info:

ID3 tags were left alone as much as possible.

The "TITLE" tag contains the ORIGINAL title, not the modified titles on SoundCloud

The filename contains the modified SoundCloud titles

All tracks have their respective images embedded in ID3 tags.

For tracks that didn't have images, the ID3 tag image is the dark plum color @ 500x500 pixel

Five ID3 fields were copied to custom fields to preserve the original data Richard put in them.

Edited by jsmcpn

Boxenerge4_remix1 is AFX sonic stir-fry. Sauteed, simmering and caramelized goodness with the right amount of spicyness.

Honestly, 1:36 to 1:39 is so fucking exhilarating, listening to it loud it just blows my mind to pieces. This track is something else, totally insane.