IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

He never changed the artwork. I lied. I just saw the picture and it reminded me of the song. I figured I was already on a shitty posting streak in this thread to begin with so I just kind of went for it.

nice! very weird he commented on the track just after you posted the pics

totally underated track btw, this is like new afx album to me

To confirm - the missing track is Nqz3 singing chaos montage+6 (the second of the first 2 tracks uploaded since Nightmail). Dunno why it would be removed, but I'm hopeful that RDJ will explain somewhere.

Listening to this shit in my car is bonkers. Holy crap. Whole new appreciation.

The world needs more music like "4 acid organ [rough mix]". Playful, wild and exuberant.

The minimal use of the pitched vocal sample in "his eyes eq" reminds me SO much of a Chicago footwork track it's fucking crazy. Tweak it a bit up to 160bpm and it's DJ Rashad.

To confirm - the missing track is Nqz3 singing chaos montage+6 (the second of the first 2 tracks uploaded since Nightmail). Dunno why it would be removed, but I'm hopeful that RDJ will explain somewhere.

weird I would have figured that it was one of the ones already released like that japan track or something

EDIT: or maybe he plans on releasing it on some official thing soon?

Edited by Bubba69

weird I would have figured that it was one of the ones already released like that japan track or something

EDIT: or maybe he plans on releasing it on some official thing soon?

I hope so, it's literally one of my favourite-sounding things he's ever done. It was released a while ago with the Noyzelab interview (as were a few of the other modular experiments) so let's wait and see - he definitely mentioned some good ideas on possible sound collage albums, sounds like something he'd be interested in doing.

He never changed the artwork. I lied. I just saw the picture and it reminded me of the song. I figured I was already on a shitty posting streak in this thread to begin with so I just kind of went for it.

nice! very weird he commented on the track just after you posted the pics

totally underated track btw, this is like new afx album to me

Definitely. It's kind of hard to fathom that he made it in 1993, but then again he had stuff like "white blur" out there so I guess it makes sense. It did make me wonder, however, if any of us could even tell if Richard started recording tracks today with some older equipment he used in the corresponding years on to degraded tape or something before uploading. I don't suspect he would, because why would he want to really?, but it would be some really clever and entertaining wizardry on his part if he did. If anything just to mess with our perception of the Aphex timeline and our idea of how the sound has evolved over the years. He could craft a song with a relatively simple structure and then out of nowhere bring next level shit in the mix, slap a #1991 on that bitch, with a "recorded in the back of me mum's station wagon"-type comment, and then walk away from the scene of the crime like dude at the end of SAW I (the semi-decent horror movie, not the pivotal album), leaving the frenzied mob behind him.

sometimes i wonder what RDJ's music would have sounded like had he obsessed with software/computer composing vs collecting tons of obscure synths and learning the ins and outs of them

Edited by John Ehrlichman

• You say at 11:45:

are you gonna do more live analog gear sets?

• Posted 2 days ago2 daysuser18081971 says at 11:45:

@jdaub: You know you should never talk about things your going to do, takes energy/impetus away "your talking about things I havnt done yet"

• Posted 1 day ago1 dayDatatree says at 11:45:

@user18081971: "terminator is out there"

• Posted 2 hours ago2 hoursuser18081971 says at 11:45:

@atatree: !-)

The tracks are down to 246 at this point, haven't spotted the ones he took down though...

I wonder why he is taking things down?

He took down all 3 Casio Sample Cassettes. Maybe copyright issues? He did say he had nearly finished a track using the voice + samples, maybe that has something to do with it.

The tracks are down to 246 at this point, haven't spotted the ones he took down though...

I wonder why he is taking things down?

He took down all 3 Casio Sample Cassettes. Maybe copyright issues? He did say he had nearly finished a track using the voice + samples, maybe that has something to do with it.

Hopefully it's the second of the two.

sometimes i wonder what RDJ's music would have sounded like had he obsessed with software/computer composing vs collecting tons of obscure synths and learning the ins and outs of them

drukqs to the tenth degree

Edited by petina

On cylob's soundcloud

user18081971 says at 1:40:

can we be friends again please? come on we will be dead b4 long.

is that real? ? lol

Imagine if they reconcile and do a collab album

faps in corner furiously

Edited by StephenG