IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Boxenergy has been my most listened to track by far since it was uploaded. How someone can make that beast of a track, 7 minutes of constantly changing fully-formed ideas, rhythms and melodies is beyond me. The amount of intricacies and detail is just insane. It isn't even human.

I don't think I've really listened to anything other than Aphex tunes for the last six months. I'm not exaggerating

Quite guilty of this too. A bit of Squarepusher, Mastodon & other random bits in the car so that the better half doesn't kill me, but 2015 has been a total Aphex fanboy binge year, and I've loved every second. If I'd known what was coming 2 years ago, I'd have been "quite" excited. I hope 2016 is equally Aphexian.

I don't think I've really listened to anything other than Aphex tunes for the last six months. I'm not exaggerating

I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this... :)

am i the only person to listen to aphex everyday pretty much allday for the last 15 years since i watched the on video. its great beacause all this past years releases will last me another 20+ years of enjoyment.

He never changed the artwork. I lied. I just saw the picture and it reminded me of the song. I figured I was already on a shitty posting streak in this thread to begin with so I just kind of went for it.

Excuse the French but this Boxenergy4remix1 is totally fucking bananas and off-the-motherfucking-hook.

Hail this leviathanic Aphexian beast!!

Edited by beerwolf

Excuse the French but this Boxenergy4remix1 is totally fucking bananas and off-the-motherfucking-hook.

Hail this leviathanic Aphexian beast!!

Absolutely love 5 minutes in with the insane noise that just keeps getting louder and louder, first few listens it was too harsh but now it just makes this track the epic beast that it is. When it goes silent for a sec, then that break comes through that sounds like someone shouting, man, that's the shit right there. Class track, it seems 2003 was the year of Drill'n'Bass masterpieces, wonder what else he has in store, because surely he made more than that in the Drukqs -> Analord stage.

Also, as I've stated before, 1:35 - 1:38 is the hardest "drop" I've heard this year! :D

Edited by slate