IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

check your inbox Richard ;)

u didn't!

I did :P Gotta keep the door open.

Anyone who wanted to throw in, pm me

bruuuh, that is a nice gesture but very foolish, you should have asked him first, i mean who knows what he's planning to do, maybe he wants to start a new account or even leave soundwank forever

you do get your money back if he doesn't accept it right? right??? :mellow::catcry:

Ahh leave him alone, Richard thrives on this kind of thing, the gesture alone will be enough to secure YEARS of new music, you know that.

The money wouldn't leave your credit card until the gift was accepted anyway yeah (and even if it did, it should be refunded if the gift wasn't used or accepted), at least that's what I surmised when I was looking in to sending phex the thing the other day, was waiting till the deadline lorl. If it goes through, that means richard has bitten, and perhaps we should send this chap jdub some help money.

Bradley's Echoes for me, there is something magical about those strings... :music:

Probably mentioned thousands of times before but yeah, the XMAS_EVE bit in the track sure is interesting. Can’t remember how old Bradley's Echoes (or fLutterwave) is but the said bit surely took some time to eventually find its way to SYRO. Yup it’s fascinating to notice how Rich has developed some of his ideas and tried out some of those in different songs. Like the similarities between the drum fills in 34.5 P.E and RANDOM FX.

Now that the show is over, I could say that my favorite is still Rough Beat Tune like it has been from the point I heard it first time. Other honorable mentions go to afx[rough mix], afx origTheme, Martin’s Car LPF, Mooow, MTG powerpill, Octave Nob, Ibiza Spliff and fooooking rogphlange 1[braiNfLOSS 2] <- ooh how dirty. Yet the most special piece is Utopia - not necessarily the best track of the bunch but that’s the track that started it all.

I remember NI64 pointing out that Rough Beat Tune sounds like a twin to Acrid Avid Jam Shred and can’t do but agree on that; they flow perfectly together. Would’ve been sweet if it had ended on ICBYD. And while I’m on it, Sekonda would have been a perfect last track of the album. It’s like a love child of Icct Hedral and Next Heap With. Yet there are bunch of tracks which I can’t really pinpoint under a certain album or alias. It’s one of those great little things which make the soundcloud experiment so great; hearing a totally new and never heard side of Aphex.

I’d owe a huge apology to Rich ‘cause before I saw how cool he was with the fans, I thought he was kinda arrogant and cocky person who didn’t really appreciate the fanboys. Or at least that was the picture I got from the magazine interviews. On the other hand he seemed a mellow dude on the radio and tv interviews. Anyway it was nice to see that Rich actually do appreciate people who like his tunes. Now I don’t anymore have to feel like a total ass for investing some money to his music. It hasn’t really prevented me from enjoying Aphex but still….

Thanks again Rich!

(sorry for the mammoth post, maybe I should start a blog)

Bradley's Echoes for me, there is something magical about those strings... :music:

Probably mentioned thousands of times before but yeah, the XMAS_EVE bit in the track sure is interesting. Can’t remember how old Bradley's Echoes (or fLutterwave) is but the said bit surely took some time to eventually find its way to SYRO. Yup it’s fascinating to notice how Rich has developed some of his ideas and tried out some of those in different songs. Like the similarities between the drum fills in 34.5 P.E and RANDOM FX.

Now that the show is over, I could say that my favorite is still Rough Beat Tune like it has been from the point I heard it first time. Other honorable mentions go to afx[rough mix], afx origTheme, Martin’s Car LPF, Mooow, MTG powerpill, Octave Nob, Ibiza Spliff and fooooking rogphlange 1[braiNfLOSS 2] <- ooh how dirty. Yet the most special piece is Utopia - not necessarily the best track of the bunch but that’s the track that started it all.

I remember NI64 pointing out that Rough Beat Tune sounds like a twin to Acrid Avid Jam Shred and can’t do but agree on that; they flow perfectly together. Would’ve been sweet if it had ended on ICBYD. And while I’m on it, Sekonda would have been a perfect last track of the album. It’s like a love child of Icct Hedral and Next Heap With. Yet there are bunch of tracks which I can’t really pinpoint under a certain album or alias. It’s one of those great little things which make the soundcloud experiment so great; hearing a totally new and never heard side of Aphex.

I’d owe a huge apology to Rich ‘cause before I saw how cool he was with the fans, I thought he was kinda arrogant and cocky person who didn’t really appreciate the fanboys. Or at least that was the picture I got from the magazine interviews. On the other hand he seemed a mellow dude on the radio and tv interviews. Anyway it was nice to see that Rich actually do appreciate people who like his tunes. Now I don’t anymore have to feel like a total ass for investing some money to his music. It hasn’t really prevented me from enjoying Aphex but still….

Thanks again Rich!

(sorry for the mammoth post, maybe I should start a blog)

Nice post mate.

Yeah, Rough Beat Tune is magical. Gotta be my favorite as well. I've been toying around with the idea of making a sort of alternate version of ICBYD usinh the SC tracks. We certainly have a ton from that time period, and many of them seem almost like paralells to tracks from that album.

Just to add to the post mortem love in, I think Medieval Rave Mk2 is my overall most memorable tune from the whole batch. No point going into detail again about why, let's just say it's pretty lush. I'm also very partial to the Fogbeaks and Slothscrapes, because they have the same effect as some of the SAW era tracks had on me, which I didn't expect to happen again.

I really hope Rich is like some kind of human Jukebox, where if we pop some dollars in now and then the records will keep spinning. Greedy? Selfish? Yeah a little bit, but life is short and I just want more good music from someone who I know is constantly producing it. If that means paying £15 for a new record or £300 for a big batch of stuff then count me in either way. Just gimme the tuuuuuuunes!

seemed as though he wanted to continue uploading - which is why i think his decision to make everything private was not really part of the plan.

so even if the paid account is purchased... there may be other factors that are keeping him from doin it again in the same way in the same place

Am I the only one who has "luke vibert spiral staircase [future music competition] [afx remix]" as his/her favourite track (I think...)? If they never collaborate on an album together they should do a double album release where disc 1 is Richard covering Luke's tracks and vice versa on disc 2.

Is there a reference floating around to Rich's final Soundcloud playlist (SAW1.5, etc) orders?

its in the googledoc under the tab "RDJ Soundcloud playlists"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ouNaaVrNp60Ib34Kp0TO1n1XSc7-9DvfiZ9ZiTiD2c/htmlview?sle=true#

Excellent, thanks. Dunno how I missed that.

Just going back to that post about Rough Beat Tune. I listened to it on the way out tonight and it is awesome. However, I have just listened to Avid Acrid Jam Shred a couple of times and that is just sublime. Still my favourite RDJ track of all time. Simply the best track ever.

That's all really.

Just going back to that post about Rough Beat Tune. I listened to it on the way out tonight and it is awesome. However, I have just listened to Avid Acrid Jam Shred a couple of times and that is just sublime. Still my favourite RDJ track of all time. Simply the best track ever.

That's all really.

+1 agreed about Acrid, when those massive strings come in circa 3 minutes, all other music is left in the dust, truly timeless tune. :music:

i don't know why he stopped, but i'm sure he'll return somehow soon. at least there will be more releases i think! all i can say now is thank you richard for all the music :-)!

Guest Londonskater

This whole thing has been a trip, and there are so many tracks which have blown me away from the whole batch but the one I keep coming back to is the acid version of Heliosphan.

It might just be my all time favourite RDJ track now. Just amazing.

Shout out for Avril 14 Reversed, T08+4, Pretend Analog Extmix 2b, CHEETAH tracks and Cottage tracks, too.

...and a shedload more. ha ha ha.

hmm. as his activity has dropped off so has the content in this thread. Maybe this is the calm before the storm. Surely, this can't be it?

Hell of a year, though. Totally reawakened my interest in Richard Jane Dawkins