IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Guest cult fiction

it must be interesting to be as musically diverse as richard and still be really tickled by extremely aphex indebted watmm acid braindance

look at who got signed to rephlex over the years, i think he makes music that he likes, so it makes sense that vaguely similar or inspired music he would also enjoy. he has never come off as an elitist to me, quite pragmatic when it comes to music choices.

God his CCAI setup sounds hardcore, it must really piss him off when an overhead plane shakes his house and messes up a perfectly composed Ziggomatic 18. ;)

it must be interesting to be as musically diverse as richard and still be really tickled by extremely aphex indebted watmm acid braindance

look at who got signed to rephlex over the years, i think he makes music that he likes, so it makes sense that vaguely similar or inspired music he would also enjoy. he has never come off as an elitist to me, quite pragmatic when it comes to music choices.

i guess im just trying to put myself in his shoes, like at a certain point wouldn't it weird you out just a bit? Or maybe he's relaxed in a sense because his countless imitators really never nail the true spirit of his sound

Edited by John Ehrlichman

i guess im just trying to put myself in his shoes, like at a certain point wouldn't it weird you out just a bit? Or maybe he's relaxed in a sense because his countless imitators really never nail the true spirit of his sound

Or maybe he just likes it because it's good music, and doesn't put it into a historical context and relate it to his own work and others since that's relatively pointless.

Or something.

Guest cult fiction

Maybe your priorities are fucked :trollface:

I know he's expressed a lot of concern about imitators a decade+ ago but I think we're dealing with an older, wiser rdj who is just trying to enjoy and spread good vibes through the world and if somebody forks his sound and takes it in their own direction he can enjoy it like a progenitor of sorts

he has played loads of afx "imitators" live, many tracks that folks mistook for his own like dave monolith's euphorium, so i think he just genuinely enjoys it

Yes I'm aware of the hazards of talking about this with an afx-y afx cover in my signature :emotawesomepm9:

screen-shot-2015-11-08-at-11-41-38-pm.pn

I never heard this before, of course there is the Rhubarb orchestra, but I never imagined anything like this, I suppose music can easily serve as a roadmap for another work. I love this approach to the creative method, using placeholders for certain things to simplify the project and later going back working on those isolated elements, but a lot of times the placeholders take on unexpected characteristics that can add a lot of interest etc.

I never heard this before, of course there is the Rhubarb orchestra, but I never imagined anything like this, I suppose music can easily serve as a roadmap for another work. I love this approach to the creative method, using placeholders for certain things to simplify the project and later going back working on those isolated elements, but a lot of times the placeholders take on unexpected characteristics that can add a lot of interest etc.

CCAI vols. 3-11 imminent. please?

If someone could kindly clarify (I was away all weekend)

Rdj has updated some of the existing tracks to entirely new songs- retaining the same name?

one of the modular noodlar tracks has been renamed in support of Jessica Cortes blogspam?

Just trying to figure out what I've missed here.

If someone could kindly clarify (I was away all weekend)

Rdj has updated some of the existing tracks to entirely new songs- retaining the same name?

one of the modular noodlar tracks has been renamed in support of Jessica Cortes blogspam?

Just trying to figure out what I've missed here.

i got a harsh warning for merely quoting jessica back when she was almost famous, now she is firmly established and recognized as a public figure

7a1184193c2e553d0a01e4c722d9b555.jpg

Jessica's posting some screen grabs of messages that Rich sent her referring to an upcoming Melodies from Mars release and new stuff he's working on (that he needs time to compile, master and create artwork for). We need to reach out to her ppl :)

Jessica's posting some screen grabs of messages that Rich sent her referring to an upcoming Melodies from Mars release and new stuff he's working on (that he needs time to compile, master and create artwork for). We need to reach out to her ppl :)

Where?

On her Facebook and can't see any posts about new releases/MfM. Is this real or just notorious WATMM bait? It's regarding new releases so this is of utmost importance.

Just said 210 tracks minutes ago. Looked around and didn't see anything new. Back down to 209.

hmmmmm....

Maybe he temporarily reuploaded a track he took down?

he hasnt actually taken down any tracks, just set them to private. if he makes then visible again they'd appear where they were before

CCAI vols. 3-11 imminent. please?

confirmed

Where are these screengrabs you speak of?

Edited by Herr Jan
[redacted screenshot upon request]