IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Well it was fun while it lasted, every track that he posted was a wonderful bonus.

I hope he just got bored, or ran out of things he wanted to upload, rather than that he got annoyed by understandable flack from posting obviously controversial opinions. Either way though, he doesn't need to justify himself, like I said the whole thing was a great bonus.

Cheers afx

:beer:

You never know maybe the SC coming to an end will be the precursor to even greater things. That's the way I think.

And imo he still remains and retains his sort of eccentric, aloof and left-field character. I hope that makes sense 'cause I'm mildly and nicely drunk. It's Sunday after all :biggrin::beer:

Edited by beerwolf

Now that's how to do a Sunday, especially one like this one. I took your advice, ditched my playlist, and started playing them all on shuffle. Still hearing new things, it's awesome. Endless thanks to RDJ and you guys for the SC fun. I'm thinking it's not nearly over, just on pause. I'm game for helping w/a subscription renew too. As for his opinions I just took away the basic message "don't give your trust 100% or easily", and given history/human nature that might not be bad advice.

I just really hope he didn't end it solely on that Youtube video deletion conspiracy stuff. It's sad because as important as it is to share with people the other side of the story like Rich was doing, I'd rather have new tracks than endless links and resulting paranoia, ending up with every track being deleted and not a peep for ages. Oh well, Tis better to have jammed and lost, than never to have jammed at all. :music:

Thanx for the tunes and for pretty much soundtracking my entire 2015...I look forward to more official releases ofc, but having over 200 unreleased tracks to spaz over was a once in a lifetime experience and I am so grateful for that. Doubt anyone other than Rich and Mike have ever done something like that for their fans....

Where can I find out that latest on RDJ's activity and new releases besides here and warp records? I think I read somewhere that Rich and Trent Reznor have a collaboration project coming up and a live tour of them together...actually I just made that up.

Huge thank you from me to RDJ for the Soundcloud madness. It was a revelation and, IMO, the most exciting thing to happen as a fan of music. And the music itself is amazing and will enjoy it for years to come.

Also thanks to this crowd for sharing the experience.

Well yes, thanx apex for so much amazing soundcloud music and fun!

I hope it came to a natural end and wasn't a case of taking the ball home because he didn't want to play with the kids who disagreed with him.

I've listened to tracks off Syro almost every day since it came out, and, in my opinion, knowing what's coming next adds another layer of pleasure to the tracks on that album. Haven't listened like that since I was 16 or 17 and carried around a CD player in my coat pocket, when I was out and about, with I Care Because You Do loaded in it, and was happy to listen to that alone & explore every detail of every track.

I look forward to doing the same with the SC dump.

And, wobbling off topic, the animal mutilation cases worldwide genuinely add up to an interesting mystery for me now. All the other conspirisy theory stuff was a bit... hmm, it doesn't matter...

I'm happy to enact the TWIN towers archetype in the the aphex TWIN soundcloud until JessCortes (JC initials no coincidence) reveals herself to be a 50,000 year old alien overlord from Atlantis. ;)

xf bought him a year of sc pro unlimited almost a year ago. someone should make a kickstarter for a renewal. costs $135, that's nothing. we raised like 80 grand for a dozen songs by richard.

looks like there's no way to disable overfunding on kickstarter. so, even if joyrex did it and sent the overfunding to richard, would that be a legal concern for him, in terms of warp? i mean clearly it's a gift, but the law is often fucked.

Edited by very honest