IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

i'm surprised it lasted as long as it did... i thought he'd delete it all within a week or so when it first started.

it was a great run though. still have lots and lots of music to keep me occupied for years to come. :-D

he sent me a message a few days ago; pretty sure the SC is over. was fun while it lasted.

didn't he mention getting some new DAT & Tape decks to start importing more stuff recently in the comments? hopefully he'll return. It was amazing when the new tracks would pop up :)

All good things come to an end. Must be a good feeling after that spring clean. Blue-sky thinking engaged.

The SC run proved to me he's as brilliant as I suspected he was. What an absolute legend.

Edited by beerwolf

thanks a million for all the free tracks afx, I am extremely grateful despite disagreeing with some youtube videos. i'd happily pay whatever for any of these tracks in whatever format. i wish i had even one millionth the talent

he sent me a message a few days ago; pretty sure the SC is over. was fun while it lasted.

didn't he mention getting some new DAT & Tape decks to start importing more stuff recently in the comments? hopefully he'll return. It was amazing when the new tracks would pop up :)

my wishfully thinking mind relates the ending of the soundcloud to the start of an aphextwinbleepstore thing in the imminently near future. if this happens and all the tracks from the soundcloud are for sale, i'd instabuy them. yes, i'm that kind of an idiot!

noooooooo :cattears:

i wonder why he pulled the plug, it looked like he had fun and he just uploaded new artwork and a bradley track :shrug:

i'm gonna miss it, but we got like a lifetime of awesome tracks and it was the best thing we ever could have wished for

thank you user18081971 for everything, rip :cry:

Definitely time for a big thank you :) whatever the reason, I'm still enormously grateful for this even happening the way it did, for as long as it did. It was always watmm's wet dream and with that we have been spoiled to death. One year with over 20 hours (!!!) of new music, a couple of great releases on Warp, engaging with the man himself, etc. 2015 was just the best year to be an Aphex fan!

yeah, it was taking his time away from making new shit, heh. But it would have been fun for him too, a trip, but social media is a time vampire so in some ways if he's pulled back a bit, that's cool too. He's seen that there's still masses of goodwill towards his perspective on shaping sound, and he turned a lot of new kids on to it. .

Of course for the few of us that were hankering for drafts, ideas, jams and even unreleased full songs from a later period, it's a bit sad that we didn't get a window into that, but ahh well, solL guud whether it comes back or not, something to look forward to in the future, heh, maybe it was all on that harddrive that that girlfriend stood on.

Still think that we should have gotten together and bought him another years premium subscription to soundcloud, cause the existing account should have nearly been up by now yeah.

I miss the excitement of an F5 binge being greeted with surprise Aphex. Can't begrudge him getting bored of it, or bored of the possible troll nonsense he was getting sent, but it's still sad to think it's over. Can't wait to see whatever is next in the pipeline.