IGNORED

Is marijuana use an unspoken rule for posting on WATMM?

Guest drukqs

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/vaporizers/special-products/the-m/the-m-2018-m

Got this little doohickey along with a water pipe that is comaptible with it. God damn this thing gets me wrecked more than joints, concentrates or any of my other vaporizers. It uses up the entire load in about 3-4 hits and you get a 10 minute vape session in about 90 seconds. I'm ripped out of my mind for a good hour and still feel it for another 3. I'm going to get the omnivap titanium version of this next because this is the best vaporizer I've ever used. Only thing that sucks is that temp control is hard, as it is dependent on which length of the cap you heat up. It also looks like a meth pipe.

Its also only $70 Canadian and is powered by butane, bic lighter, your stovetop pilot light, heating element, campfire, hot plate, whatever.

Got this little doohickey along with a water pipe that is comaptible with it. God damn this thing gets me wrecked more than joints, concentrates or any of my other vaporizers. It uses up the entire load in about 3-4 hits and you get a 10 minute vape session in about 90 seconds. I'm ripped out of my mind for a good hour and still feel it for another 3. I'm going to get the omnivap titanium version of this next because this is the best vaporizer I've ever used. Only thing that sucks is that temp control is hard, as it is dependent on which length of the cap you heat up. It also looks like a meth pipe.

Its also only $70 Canadian and is powered by butane, bic lighter, your stovetop pilot light, heating element, campfire, hot plate, whatever.

Didn't you say you were trying to quit?

Didn't you say you were trying to quit?
right?

Said I needed to go on a break due to asthmatic symptoms. Ended up going for almost 4 months and by that time my symptoms were gone. I'm not having any at all with the vapcap though occasionally I have some flare ups with the arizer solo.

...Plus a new weed store opened in my neighbourhood.

Edited by Entorwellian

'Artist Says Big Bong Will Help Save a Town. The Locals Aren’t Amused'

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/19/world/australia/woodenbong-big-bong.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

merlin_152283039_fb451a96-eec0-4444-b2ed

"Paul Pearson, a woodcarver who lives in the Australian town of Woodenbong, wants to lure visitors with a large wooden bong. So far he has made them as tall as around seven feet."

Weed quits u first... 

Yeah, I can't anymore. First two years were fine with intended effects. But for some reason these days it causes massive amounts of anxiety. Fight or flight. Which causes me to become very irritable/short-fused (I wanted to punch a hole in the wall because I couldn't open a jar after 10 seconds) and even artificially depressed for the duration. Occasionally I'll get that relaxed feeling  but 95% of the time it's fight or flight. A buddy of mine suggested I try different strains, but I get the same effect with every one I try, so I just quit a while back.

I think it has something to do with my tolerance level, which even though I've only smoked a few times the past year, I still have to smoke several times more than in the beginning. I'm thinking that when I wasn't smoking much whatever 'extraneous' effects weren't noticeable, but over time the effects kind of 'transitioned' over into anxiety and anger and away from chillaxing.

My tolerance hasn't decreased noticeably since I stopped completely a few months back. Probably a good idea anyway since I have a job lined up when I graduate in may and I know they test regularly.

So I've decided to quit for a few years while hopefully my tolerance resets. Or just stop it all together. Has anyone had this same issue? Will tolerance decrease considerably after a few years?

Edited by Brisbot

that happened to me and a lot of my friends in our early 20s. some of us quit, some kept on. I still smoke (never stopped) but generally only if I'm alone or with a few close friends.

edit: @ bris

Edited by luke viia

Did your tolerance ever decrease enough to where you could enjoy it again? I haven't smoked in a few months but I'm fairly certain it'll just have the same effect. Oh and did it ever make you kind of irrational due to things being more intense?

Major anxiety seems incredibly common. First year or two is the 'honeymoon' period, then enjoyment tanks. Actually now that I think about it, I think I did have some kind of withdrawal when I was smoking the most 2-3 years back. I was super irritable and short fused when on it, and remember being still more irritable than my sober 'baseline' if you want to call it that. Smoking makes everything more intense now so I end up over-reacting to things. Whereas it used to make everything less intense.

So I suppose now I know why many people in their 30s-40s+ who like weed have a blunt or two hidden around the house for special occasions. I used to figure they just got bored of it and grew up, but many of them probably experienced what I'm experiencing now.

Edited by Brisbot

I’m actually taking a break now because I get the same way. I’ve smoked regularly for most of the last 8 years, with breaks varying from a few weeks to a few months. Ultimately it’s better to take smaller doses than you think, and work your way up. Weed is too strong these days, thc-wise. It can be a great thing when taken carefully or it can be a debilitating, anxiety-inducing nightmare. And if you smoke multiple times a day everyday it can be very depressing and make you anti-social and unmotivated. I also prefer vaping because using a piece or smoking a joint/blunt can be very fast-acting and might be overwhelming if you’re not used to it. Plus it’s wasteful because joints and blunts can burn up to 2000 degrees Fahrenheit when most of the psychoactive chemicals are activated around 350 degrees

If you stop for a few months you only need the daintiest of hit to feel like the astronaut on the cover of Sleep’s The Sciences.

maybe shouldn't have said incredibly common, but it's definitely common. A google search comes up with tons of people mirroring what happened to me in around the same time frame (and Luke and his buddies). Though i think I smoked more often than most a few years back which probably is why.

If you stop for a few months you only need the daintiest of hit to feel like the astronaut on the cover of Sleep’s The Sciences. 

Can't wait to try it eventually then. Smoked for like 4 years almost straight even though it was anxiety inducing, but was still preferable I think due to a psychological dependence on it. Then again I'm grateful to be away from that roller-coaster. I think I used it too much as a crutch due to stress of university and having to work 30-40 hours a week.

Edited by Brisbot

Have smoked almost everyday for over a year (the longest break have been a couple of days at the most) and during that time I finally managed to get my bachelor's from uni and get a job. During the longest break, the worst I had was a little headache that went away after a few days. Moved to vaping weed (the vape cost me more than the rent i pay in a month) a couple of months ago, which also helped me quit smoking tobacco at the same time. Kicks like a mule, but smoking this often has definitely grown my tolerance for the stuff, which makes me think I should probably ease up on it to get more bang for the buck so to speak. I think I have a psychological addiction to it, in that I usually need to watch my movies, series and listen to music stoned to appreciate them. And I also rarely venture out among people if I have decided to get stoned. Cut down on my alcohol usage as well. So all in all it's been a net good, I guess.