Joyrex

On 4/9/2020 at 6:49 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

Dat Bass.

lol I was just listening to Dublin and I was like wow, that's some bass, I need to shitpost in the chat about it. then I realized I wasn't in mixlr anymore.

• Haha 2

The ending of the 2016 batch is among their best work, the last 6 minutes , it’s like you get out of the darkness, back to the light , with a triumphant climax, but the music stay peaceful and quiet... powerful stuff. 

Edited by d-a-m-o
  • Like 3

Are you talking about the screaming to a halt sound in the last twenty seconds? That part on speakers always alarms me then everything dies mouse quiet. I've come to brace for it even more than the organ. It is as if the music starts to get eaten up into an indecipherable wave of static and cries out in anguish.

Further to the above, on NTS2, you have that almost darkwave progression of xflood and then 2 songs later the elephunk early on in dummy casual. 7hres also was progressively chaos-squishy. A lot of NTS Sessions tracks seem to be adjacently related. I remember riding my bike one day in release week and that violvoic-e0 section all seemed to mesh. Those parent jams are felt a bit, and you can feel that connection in the 16/18 sets as well.

9 minutes ago, Roo said:

Are you talking about the screaming to a halt sound in the last twenty seconds? That part on speakers always alarms me then everything dies mouse quiet. I've come to brace for it even more than the organ. It is as if the music starts to get eaten up into an indecipherable wave of static and cries out in anguish.

Yes that’s just before the end of the set.

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2020 at 3:15 PM, o00o said:

my ex-girlfriend and a very good friend that died recently was with me on these concerts. can't really enjoy listening to these even if they are the best live gig I have seen by AE so far

wow just came back and saw 14 reactions on my post. thank you guys. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Koinkidink?

19 March 2018 - deep cuts YT channel - A Guide to AUTECHRE (remarks he has a "feeling" a new album might come)
3 April 2018 - NTS Sessions announced

31 March 2020 - Wonky Angle YT channel finishes Ae album reviews series with Exai
6 April 2020 - AE_LIVE_2016/2018 anounced

1 September 2020 - Simple Cinema Productions YT channel - WORST TO BEST - AUTECHRE
2 September 2020 - SIGN anounced

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, NewSchoolScience said:

Simple Cinema Productions YT channel has 671 subscribers.  Niche marketing.

Yepp, but YT suggested it to me based on my views and I never heard of this channel before. Could be nothing though. Just found it interesting.

Edited by Chabraendeky

53 minutes ago, Chabraendeky said:

What I meant with the previous post: could it be that these Autechre discography reviews were hidden marketing ordered by Warp?

that is really farfetched lol. wonky angle is not nearly positive enough of ae for it to be marketing

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, scumtron said:

Is AE_STORE basically bleep? Should I choose AE_STORE to give S&R more of my money, or is it just the same?

Good question. Personally, I've bought all my Ae in AE_STORE since elseq. I should have ordered Oversteps there back in the day but it's too late now. Oh well.

2 hours ago, Chabraendeky said:

Did you notice, that in the AE STORE only SIGN and PLUS are available? The menu links to the pages for the older releases and for the merch are gone.

yeah, saw that this evening. and if you noticed it’s all showing autechre.warp.net, not autechre.bleepstores.com like it was initially with the elseq release (maybe before then slightly? not sure) so maybe the bleepstores experiment is over...ish? or turned into warp.net i guess with slightly less autonomy which is what i think the bleepstores thing was about. 

wasn’t the Aphex Twin b-sides and miscellany shit all coming out on his bleepstore too? is that still up?