IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

5 has been my favorite for a while now. I love the vibe that it has running through all those tracks - the spacious atmospheres, skeletal beats, synth blasts. it's so satisfying, makes an excellent album even on its own. spTh is ASMR

• Like 2

Using pitchfork's decimal review system when youre doing a series of albums together really does highlight its silliness, but I suppose the reviewer thought they were moderately good (7/10ish) then just ranked them in order of preference, with Elseq no.2 being noticably worse than the others.

Edited by Key
Typo

Pitchfork’s decimal review system gets a 6.2 from me - I would give it a 6.4 but they don’t account for anything - and a 9.8 if someone told me their favorite group was Autechre

On 5/9/2023 at 2:29 PM, neurone said:

oh sorry I didn' take time to search in the forum .  so, idk.

but nevermind because actually I realise that you're about pendulu hv moda, while what i'v read was about "spaces how V" so double sorry :shrug:

yeah you can hear it here back in 2010, so cool 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 9:06 AM, Bodhidharma said:

yeah you can hear it here back in 2010, so cool 

Which track from elseq are we hearing part of here? I love this set (I think this Youtube version is actually better quality than the file that I have...), but I'm not connecting this with elseq. There's that bit that made it onto tuinorizn, though.

Edited by mTesc

26 minutes ago, mTesc said:

Which track from elseq are we hearing part of here? I love this set (I think this Youtube version is actually better quality than the file that I have...), but I'm not connecting this with elseq. There's that bit that made it onto tuinorizn, though.

spaces how V

• Like 1

Pitchfork is utter garbage. A lot of things I've mellowed on the last few years but that place is mostly fucking worthless nowadays.

I remember back in the day when music papers generally were a hive of rebellion and a massive fuck off to mainstream culture. Pitchfork has a fucking Versace advert on regular rotation for fucks sake. And full of American problem politics. And absolute turd female rappers. Fuck off I'm not interested. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

I don't agree with most of their ratings, but Pitchfork's rating system itself isn't that weird, just multiply the score by ten and think of it as a percentage. Giving Exai 59% is fucking dismal but one of the things that really gets me is that that their score is based on multiple people who work at the place's opinions but the review is only one person's take. As a result, these don't always match up. Pitchfork is mostly best for their coverage of things like indie rock rather than anything electronic that isn't Cut Copy or Neon Indian, etc.

9 minutes ago, AnwarAutokino said:

Word. Their takes on Ae are particularly bad. They gave Exai a 5.9 ?

when exai came out a friend of mine said "that record is teh god" <- (reproduced with typo) . his review is much better in every way than any pitchfork review ever. 

• Haha 1

On 5/18/2023 at 6:28 PM, splesh said:

I don't agree with most of their ratings, but Pitchfork's rating system itself isn't that weird, just multiply the score by ten and think of it as a percentage. Giving Exai 59% is fucking dismal but one of the things that really gets me is that that their score is based on multiple people who work at the place's opinions but the review is only one person's take. As a result, these don't always match up. Pitchfork is mostly best for their coverage of things like indie rock rather than anything electronic that isn't Cut Copy or Neon Indian, etc.

I'm sure I read (somewhere) that the ratings are added after by editorial staff and are independent of the actual review.

I admit I still check out pitchfork cos often the reviews will throw up good/interesting stuff that I wouldn't hear about otherwise, for example this: https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/noemi-buchi-matter/

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...