IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

I don't remember seeing any Tuss on the Rephlex shop.

Wish I had bought the Analords. My thinking at the time was "I already have these on vinyl" but I don't really listen to records any more, pain in the ass, too lazy to digitize hours of records etc. Been making do with some sub par FLAC rips for years, would be nice to have legit digital.

1 minute ago, hijexx said:

I don't remember seeing any Tuss on the Rephlex shop.

That's what I am trying to remember too - I don't recall if the shop predated the Tuss material, or it was left off intentionally...

i'm getting excited now! i have a CD copy of confed trough - been considering selling it on and off for a while but it's one of the rarest things i own, and i don't want to lose any of my Rephlex stuff.

then again, Tuss goes for some crazy prices... i figured i could've sold my confed CD and straight-up flipped it for a copy of Rushup Edge 3xLP, when it miraculously turned up on the bleepstore that one time.

I remember in the beginning of 2010's Tuss CD's went for 70 £ - 100 £ on discogs, which made me very glad, I had bought them for 7 € and 15 € when they were released. Cracy prices for discs released only a couple of years earlier.

But re: Analords. I know this is a bootleg (and also sourced from poor mp3's) so booo, I'm a sinner, but this little box has seen some serious plays over the years. Each disc is nicely suitable for different moods.

R-1643138-1334773730.jpeg.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Analord-Part-1-11/release/1643138

Disc 3 (Lords 8-11) maybe most played one. The set has the same benefit as Chosen Lords; listening to the whole haul of 'Lords can be occasionally too big task, so putting on the comp versions instead may somethimes be more appropriate. Was one of my biggest gems back in the days when I was more or less strictly CD only guy. Naturally grabbed the most loved volumes from Rephlex store, but sadly not every volume. Luckily little elf brought the missing files to my hard drive later.

Spoiler

And for the sake of everything that's holy, that bleepstore update finally, please!

OH AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MR J

Edited by Uros
hey, it's the guy's birthday

12 hours ago, hijexx said:

Rushup Edge 3x12" sold for over $700 recently

When I bought mine and my copy was missing one of the plates, I just went "ah well, asking for an exchange will be a hassle, I’ll guess I’ll buy another at some point".

7 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

That is insane 

I kinda wonder if someone got a stimulus check from their government and really wanted those records lol

Also have AB5 on my Discogs watch list and someone snapped up AB5 for $1600 overnight.

1 hour ago, Stickfigger said:

I've got Rushup Edge and Confederation Trough and am seriously thinking of selling them now ... I wonder at what point will lose their value 

Unless there are vinyl reissues (highly unlikely), they will hold their value for the foreseeable future.

4 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

What if Rich gets cancelled though ?

Ironically, the Windowlicker video got cancelled in the US when it was released. Well before #blacklivesmatter. Whether the video was a sign of racism, or the cancelling itself, I do not pretend to know. Which is basically a passive aggressive way to cancel myself. I did want to point out though that there is some precedent. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, goDel said:

Ironically, the Windowlicker video got cancelled in the US when it was released. Well before #blacklivesmatter. Whether the video was a sign of racism, or the cancelling itself, I do not pretend to know. Which is basically a passive aggressive way to cancel myself. I did want to point out though that there is some precedent. 

I bought the VHS of the video and used to bring it over to friends' houses and show it (I'm dating myself here.) It got a lot of horrified looks.

• Like 1