yeah this is ansolutely my favorite Aphex EP :) hope he puts out an entire album like this

i just had to listen, and it's so so good. hearing this in good quality must be mind blowing, it has all the bits i love about aphex but at the same time new approaches. can't wait!

... you just think you're above it probably because you feel alienated by it culturally...

hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

Disagree. One of the key tenets (IMHO of course) is that good music transcends class, race, ethnicity, culture, gender, etc. It's one of the main reasons I've always been drawn to electronic music.

Making an argument that you don't like footwork because you "don't get it culturally", to someone that actually appreciates just straight up GOOD music, is bogus.

Nicely put.

iunno.. for the people trying to figure out the footwork thing maybs check the footwork thread

also I only rlly got the feels for it when I saw ppl dance to it is p amazon imo

nwae, not trying to derail

I guess I am too white and/or too old to get footwork or trap. But I don't get the gushing that acid gets around here either (not that I don't enjoy the occasional 303 gurgles and farts). People like different things....the mind boggles.

the mind boggles and watmm shpergles. 1st 44's scream reminds me of death grips always. abundance's intro is a lot like that tuss intro with the old silo website thing. all this makes me wanna flex renoise again  :music:  :happy:

defs holding off till its official...... so much to keep me occupied till then.. ffs im still catchin up with ae 2014!!

Wonder if we’ll see that MT1 t29r2 remix by Jlin officially released anytime soon? I’m surprised nobody is bothering to speculate what that was all about, especially when it was initially credited as ”Jlin & ???” on that DJ’s (forget who) SoundCloud podcast mix show thing. Quite strange and funny that we had part of the track of MT1 floating around for over a year.

im guessing jlin might have worked with rich to create new cuts for the live shows? or mixed hers in with it towards the end, miss tagged because he played a number of her tracks in live shows?

defs holding off till its official...... so much to keep me occupied till then.. ffs im still catchin up with ae 2014!!

lol!

I just remembered that Cheetah was also leaked in 96kbps, probably from Bleep too. Makes you wonder if it's intentional  :sorcerer:  :shrug:

For those who don't "get" jlin, listen to some African music that employs cross-rhythms and google how to feel the groove in polyrhythms, then plug in Kyanite by Jlin on a big soun system. Most of the cues for where you're supposed to feel the groove is in the bass/sub bass.

KGLNs3Y.gif

lol

prichard jams predicted trap music guys:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N4BEpxiF4Qk

2:40 onward. Check m8, racists.

Was listening to Incunabula after a decent while recently and just realised that Lowride is IDM'd Memphis.

I can fucking dance. I like footwork.

For those who don't "get" jlin, listen to some African music that employs cross-rhythms and google how to feel the groove in polyrhythms, then plug in Kyanite by Jlin on a big soun system. Most of the cues for where you're supposed to feel the groove is in the bass/sub bass.

KGLNs3Y.gif

btw I think jlin peaked w infrared, I have not heard anything from her that tops that track or delves into new ground since then..

edit:

Edited by MIXL2

cheesy mortal kombat samples, lol nice

this is easily the worst track I've ever heard

challenge accepted

oh fucking hell

this is one of my favorite songs

same

I listened to the EP. Alas, I got no feels from it. It took me a few minutes to concede 1st 44 was him. I thought surely no way. 

Interesting things afoot on the rest, yea...but not the Richard I enjoy. Sorry, it's a bad ep. I'll look forward to the next shit.

Ivj6loM.jpg

oh well