man yall giving me a headache. isn't this supposed to be a forum to appreciate experimental electronic music and yall gripin about subgenres footwork and trap and future bass like they aren't in the music you're here to discuss. now shaddup and talk about the new album 

Edited by rstark

prichard jams predicted trap music guys:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N4BEpxiF4Qk

2:40 onward. Check m8, racists.

I don't have a dog in this fight but this sounds like ambient techno. What makes 'trap' 'trap' to you exactly? Just that tempo and the beat made on a drum machine? That is a metric FUCK TON of music.
It was intended as a joke, but I was referring to the step-multiplied hi hats specifically. There aren't any triplets in there I don't think, which is unfortunate. Would have made the comparison more obvious. Edited by drukqs

Y'all just remember that Bulk spent like $300 on a an album he doesn't even like, so sometimes his judgement isn't to be taken too seriously.

:)

I kind of pre-ordered before the shittiness of the music came out, to be fair. That was Warp's marketing from the get go - only produce as many as people pre-order because once people hear it, they won't want to order it! Don't want unsold shitstock in the blerp warehouse.

And my judgement is just fine thank you.

Lol there was at least 1/4 of the music out before you ordered. Two hours of music. That ain't a pre-order my dude.

I held hope. Also I’ve spent $300 on far worse things to be fair. I’m sure at some point when I was 18 or so in probably snorted $300 up in an hour lol. And if I want to be a douche I can always just turn around and sell both boxed sets for 300% profit in a few years. Seems like pretty good judgement imo.

Damn tapatalk*

prichard jams predicted trap music guys:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N4BEpxiF4Qk

2:40 onward. Check m8, racists.

I don't have a dog in this fight but this sounds like ambient techno. What makes 'trap' 'trap' to you exactly? Just that tempo and the beat made on a drum machine? That is a metric FUCK TON of music.
It was intended as a joke, but I was referring to the step-multiplied hi hats specifically. There aren't any triplets in there I don't think, which is unfortunate. Would have made the comparison more obvious.

Thank Christ you're kidding. 'Trap' is a hell of a lot more than just that beat made on an 808. (love the genre or hate it) 

Honestly, I think trap is pretty boring, but footwork has some good stuff. I actually quite like Jlin's stuff. For whatever reason, her live sets come off as having a bit more energy than the albums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N8C2jiEnl0

The bit around 12:16 and onward has a sweet transition and slams. Sure, some of it goes on a bit long, but it's dance music. It's not IDM...

There's a ton of stuff you could do with that genre. This thread makes me want to make a footwork track now :nyan:

GODDDAYUM hearing about what Collapse sounds like is making me hard/wet. But I think I'll still wait like a good little Weakling Child / Girl/Boy.

Ugh, I can't stand when people go on at length talking about footwork as if it's some sort of enigmatic phenomenon. From what I've heard of it, the stuff lumped under the phrase is just an eclectic fusion of hip hop, jungle and bass/electro with maybe some jazzy elements. What's the big deal? Some of it's cool I guess here and there, but way overhyped imo.

Also, lol @ the thought of RDJ consciously deciding to be "footwork-influenced" or something when he made this, when he quite literally was responsible for X number of silly niche genres that have spawned out of a number of scenes. Don't get me wrong, all music, all styles, all good, love it all, but fuck.

Wonder if we’ll see that MT1 t29r2 remix by Jlin officially released anytime soon? I’m surprised nobody is bothering to speculate what that was all about, especially when it was initially credited as ”Jlin & ???” on that DJ’s (forget who) SoundCloud podcast mix show thing. Quite strange and funny that we had part of the track of MT1 floating around for over a year.

are you still master of your domain?

I am master of mine (besides T69 Collapse I listened to like once for the video!)

I've been listening only to T69 collapse on repeat in 2116

but not the others until sept 14

am I still in the game, master of my domain? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGhg-htVnJ0

are you still master of your domain?

I am master of mine (besides T69 Collapse I listened to like once for the video!)

I've been listening only to T69 collapse on repeat in 2116

but not the others until sept 14

am I still in the game, master of my domain? :)

Me too... I plan on straight T69ing myself until I fucking Collapse.

i just had to listen, and it's so so good. hearing this in good quality must be mind blowing, it has all the bits i love about aphex but at the same time new approaches. can't wait!

... you just think you're above it probably because you feel alienated by it culturally...

hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

Disagree. One of the key tenets (IMHO of course) is that good music transcends class, race, ethnicity, culture, gender, etc. It's one of the main reasons I've always been drawn to electronic music.

Making an argument that you don't like footwork because you "don't get it culturally", to someone that actually appreciates just straight up GOOD music, is bogus.

Nicely put.

iunno.. for the people trying to figure out the footwork thing maybs check the footwork thread

also I only rlly got the feels for it when I saw ppl dance to it is p amazon imo

nwae, not trying to derail

I guess I am too white and/or too old to get footwork or trap. But I don't get the gushing that acid gets around here either (not that I don't enjoy the occasional 303 gurgles and farts). People like different things....the mind boggles.

the mind boggles and watmm shpergles. 1st 44's scream reminds me of death grips always. abundance's intro is a lot like that tuss intro with the old silo website thing. all this makes me wanna flex renoise again  :music:  :happy:

Wonder if we’ll see that MT1 t29r2 remix by Jlin officially released anytime soon? I’m surprised nobody is bothering to speculate what that was all about, especially when it was initially credited as ”Jlin & ???” on that DJ’s (forget who) SoundCloud podcast mix show thing. Quite strange and funny that we had part of the track of MT1 floating around for over a year.

im guessing jlin might have worked with rich to create new cuts for the live shows? or mixed hers in with it towards the end, miss tagged because he played a number of her tracks in live shows?