IGNORED

Warp30

Will there be anything for Warp30? I haven't read / heard anything really. In particular after the big event of Warp20 - with the Fan Selection and stuff - it's so awfully quiet on the Warp front. Any insights apart from maybe a few gigs?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

What are you thinking? 

Oooh let me guess...

Rome track (glow in the dark, fluorescent vinyl)

BOC Set, including all those Geogaddi unreleased tracks and a whole supermarket sweep of their archives

BOC play live somewhere in the UK but places where it's hard to get too, so no cocks will turn up (plus watmm members meet and greet back stage) 

Melodies From Mars

New Aphex Album (because he's still top of his game, even if Syro was a bit gay)

Autechre perform Amber in a Cappadocia amphitheatre 

The list is really endless. Just like my wine glass....

I don't get this fascination with base 10, but yeah bet on a 2-CD / 8-LP boxset of Born Ruffians remixing all the warp classics.

Anyone remember John Callaghan?

I loved his tunes.

No, really.

Tread lightly, for that which I cannot say cannot be unheard

Really tho I feel like Warp really calmed down on the indie rock trend. Between 2009 and 2019 they signed awesome electronic acts (OPN, Lorenzo Senni, Brian Eno).

So yeah, I have high hopes about that 30th birthday. Hopefully a collector re-release of Future Brown's now classic album. One can dream !

I don't get this fascination with base 10, but yeah bet on a 2-CD / 8-LP boxset of Born Ruffians remixing all the warp classics.

I loved his tunes.

No, really.

Guess I should move that post to the guilty pleasures thread :)

No vvorries MVIII, I thought we were referring to a certain aural shitstain that rode roughshod over the already fecal bespecked warp20 circlejerk.  There, I've already said too mvch *books lashing appt with dominatrix*

Fun fact - if you want to completely ruin everything you've ever enjoyed about Happy Cycling, listen to DJ Food's Blech 20.1 mix.  (Blech 20.2 mix is actually really good though)

That actually would be a treat! Loved the Born Ruffians' take on Milkman on Warp20!

I loved his tunes.

No, really.

A friend and I decided to take care of matters ourselves. We'll be playing Warp only next Wednesday. So if anybody is in Leipzig rolling with the Antifa or something like that for the sake of Mayday, have a break at night and join the FCKW crowd at Sowiewir.

Archived