IGNORED

Aphex Twin - The Warehouse Project (Manchester)

WeAreOceans

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kinda wish i got tix for this...wanna go to WHP at least once in my life, and all the other line ups this year dont seem worth travelling for, but none of my mates woulda gone afx one ? 2 late tho, at least i can hope for AE doing end of year sets

21 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

kinda wish i got tix for this...wanna go to WHP at least once in my life, and all the other line ups this year dont seem worth travelling for, but none of my mates woulda gone afx one ? 2 late tho, at least i can hope for AE doing end of year sets

Just Go!

Meet some Awesome People there

and have the Rave of your Life!

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

1 hour ago, diatoms said:

Just Go!

Meet some Awesome People there

and have the Rave of your Life!

hmmm... i agree, just go by yourself and have a good time! even if the line up sucks, afx his show alone is priceless i tell ya

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, donquixote said:

im selfishly hoping this apparent surplus of tickets means i can actually dance.  Berlin was more crushed than an Andy Stott beat

By the looks of it, its a massive venue.  Hope the sound is decent.  You should be able to find room I would imagine.

If not, check out Renick Bell and friends in Room 2

Berlin was packed indeed.

Anyway, once again, the line-up is banana. RDJ, Rian Treanor, Renick Bell, Aleksi Perala and Lee Gamble on the same night is already absurdly insane.

On 9/11/2019 at 1:04 PM, donquixote said:

im selfishly hoping this apparent surplus of tickets means i can actually dance.  Berlin was more crushed than an Andy Stott beat

Second. But I think especially when Aphex plays it will get equally packed. Need to find a spot before I guess :-D...

22 minutes ago, indulin said:

Second. But I think especially when Aphex plays it will get equally packed. Need to find a spot before I guess :-D...

See you at the front. I'll be the Welsh one tripping balls. Secretly hoping to get on the weirdcore gurn-cam too!

32 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

Don’t Forget Zuli ! 

After Richie I'm most excited about this.

22 hours ago, donquixote said:

See you at the front. I'll be the Welsh one tripping balls. Secretly hoping to get on the weirdcore gurn-cam too!

Isn't the sound at the front way too bass-heavy? Thinking about what place would be best.

Any of you experienced the other acts live (not Nina Kraviz, she's famous enough so everyone knows her sets)? Is it also dancable or more experimental stuff? I think Aleksi is definitely dancable, not sure about the rest as ZULI etc. releases sound very experimental and twisted. Don't know if they play different stuff live.

18 minutes ago, indulin said:

Isn't the sound at the front way too bass-heavy? Thinking about what place would be best.

Any of you experienced the other acts live (not Nina Kraviz, she's famous enough so everyone knows her sets)? Is it also dancable or more experimental stuff? I think Aleksi is definitely dancable, not sure about the rest as ZULI etc. releases sound very experimental and twisted. Don't know if they play different stuff live.

Its a new venue in Manchester this year, no idea on the sound but I imagine it would be pretty well level in there if they have invested as much as they say they have

3 hours ago, indulin said:

I dunno, I've got some fantasy about tripping at a show and I know if I do I'll need to seek a corner or a barrier. I don't wanna miss anything so the plan is to hang on to the barrier at the front and stare at the lasers in a swimming pool of bass. 

That being said I could easily end up listening to the hand drying in the toilet instead.

I basically wanna feel like the bloke at field day on the gurn-cam with the glitter on his face who was smiling like a child. #goals.

...fuck the glitter bit tho

Edit. This bloke

Screenshot_20190914-092613_YouTube.jpg

Welcome to the land of abundance!

after streaming the london set last night i got so pumped that i spontaneously booked a flight to manchester and got myself a ticke, im insanely excited! 

so i got 3 questions now:

1) why is the lineup so huge? there are 13 artists listed. does anyone know how thats gonna turn out? can we still expect a full 1.5-2 hours from rdj?

2) how much are drinks at this venue, does anybody know?

3) is smoking allowed at this venue? whats the policy concerning a little joint in england? :D

of course any info on the venue in general is greatly appreciated.

29 minutes ago, Scarb0 said:

after streaming the london set last night i got so pumped that i spontaneously booked a flight to manchester and got myself a ticke, im insanely excited!

That's Awesome!

Have Fun and RAVE:)

5 hours ago, Scarb0 said:

so i got 3 questions now:

1) why is the lineup so huge? there are 13 artists listed. does anyone know how thats gonna turn out? can we still expect a full 1.5-2 hours from rdj?

2) how much are drinks at this venue, does anybody know?

3) is smoking allowed at this venue? whats the policy concerning a little joint in england? ?

of course any info on the venue in general is greatly appreciated.

It starts at 7(!) so I’m guessing set times will be short for the start but we’ll get a decent set for Rich?

drinks will probably be stupidly expensive, I’ve not been to a WHP night for years but they’re always robbing gits 

it will be no smoking inside but should be a smoking area outside... and as for a cheeky smoke - security can be pretty heavy (with dogs) at WHP nights so depends on how much of a risk you want to take getting it in. At best they will take it off you, I doubt they would refuse entry but it’s never happened to anyone I know so can’t say for sure!

venue is new so we’re all going in blind really...but nice one for getting a ticket :aphexsign:

This is just my third Aphex gig in total, any veterans here have experience at what time to get to the front before it is too packed? I might try it out this time. Back then in 2009 at the Melt! in Germany it was pretty easy, right after the act before we went to the front, no hustle at all (although I wasn't right in front of the stage). But I think his shows are now way more packed with people (I mean, it grew quite a lot over time). Berlin was so full, even when Paradox played before him, there was already no chance to get to the front. Was standing at the side, luckily one of the speaker arrays was in our direction. Maybe I can make it this time. Isn't the Depot quite big, so maybe multiple stages?

Archived