IGNORED

Dave Monolith - The Ridge

grit

Guessing Joyrex sold his tapes when migrating watmm to the new server. 

(I don't know, but it's kinda charming to see people making an issue out of this)

On 8/9/2019 at 10:30 PM, Extralife said:

Just relistened to Laser 80 today. Still sounds so fresh.

I listened to this the other day. It does indeed ☺ 

Davies back?! Thank god!!! 

8 hours ago, moebius said:

Have no idea what the tapes thing is all about. 

Several WATMMers paid him a significant advance for a cassette series that he never finished. He eventually stopped posting excuses and coming soons and just disappeared I think, effectively scamming his buyers.

Not only that, I believe he e-mailed @dr lopez aka poopypants, one of his victims, to complain about the critical posts he was making on WATMM. Something to that effect anyway.

Now Monolith resurfaces and the thread mysteriously disappears. Obvious sack of shit is obvious.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, manmower said:

Several WATMMers paid him a significant advance for a cassette series that he never finished. He eventually stopped posting excuses and coming soons and just disappeared I think, effectively scamming his buyers.

Not only that, I believe he e-mailed @dr lopez aka poopypants, one of his victims, to complain about the critical posts he was making on WATMM. Something to that effect anyway.

Now Monolith resurfaces and the thread mysteriously disappears. Obvious sack of shit is obvious.

why is nobody @-ing @Joyrex 

guys stop. the above is inaccurate. the whole emailing lopez thing was about something totally different, and it was GWC who emailed lopez (i think). but nothing to do with this release.

let's look forward to this not back.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, BCM said:

let's look forward to this not back.

Agreed but he must sort things out with the people he let down 

nice tune for sure!

Edited by drome

I stand corrected, the e-mail thing was about an EDM release but cited by d-lo in the Monolith thread as being not nearly as bad as the Demotape fiasco (thanks Google cache).

Edited by manmower
Thread. Monolith thread.

10 hours ago, manmower said:

I stand corrected, the e-mail thing was about an EDM release but cited by d-lo in the Monolith thread as being not nearly as bad as the Demotape fiasco (thanks Google cache).

correct. it wasn't gwc either i guess lol (love u grant)

anyway im assuming monolith wrote joyrex to ask if that thread could be deleted because it looked bad. and joyrex did it. lol

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, dr lopez said:

correct. it wasn't gwc either i guess lol (love u grant)

anyway im assuming monolith wrote joyrex to ask if that thread could be deleted because it looked bad. and joyrex did it. lol

Hang on there - As far as I am aware, we have not been asked to delete any thread, and certainly not for the reasons indicated. If the person has an EKT or EKT Plus subscription, they can delete their own posts/threads, so don't go making accusations about cover ups, etc.

If anyone can get me more detail/context on this I can look into it and see what is reality vs. assumption.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

so who started that thread? troon???? lol

On 8/10/2019 at 10:48 PM, Ifeelspace said:

Yeah I was searching for my thread the other day, completely vanished. Was looking for it as it’s around the anniversary of posting it. Is it 3 years? Glad to see he’s back

ok so Ifeelspace started that thread, clearly didn't delete it.

Joyrekt claims he didn't delete it. So it must have been a different mod or ... maybe the mod of the New releases forum? Who's that again?? troon?? -___-

23 hours ago, whosebrian said:

Is Ridge the mnlth109-preview track he sent out? I haven't listened to either yet.

MNLTH109 was suposed to be a bonus release for those who bought the whole set or 2 cassettes. The preview was a bunch of snippets (12min) but I don't think Ridge was on there. It was still on his soundcloud (private link) about two weeks ago but now it's taken down.

• Thanks 1