IGNORED

Actress - Karma & Desire

auxien

Yeah very much agree with this being a grower.. 1st few listens thought it was nice but wasn't really grabbing  my attention, played a few more times today and it is slowly worming its way into my soul

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thumbass said:

Went from aoty contender tot aoty

Turin is so groovy WTF it's the best

I've listened to it a few times today. Just put on for a final run tonight, on Save at the moment. 

I'm really liking this album. A lot. Might be my favourite album from him so far. 

2020 might be a hot mess, however, I've enjoyed having a legit reason to stay in and listen to music. Some great albums released this year. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

pleasantly confused about the album on first listen, just like the new opn ?

same; it has some nice curveballs, and generally felt longer than its hour runtime, on my first listen.  generally a sign of a good album

Its really good.. has kept growing on me with repeated listens and think this may displace RIP as my fav by him

Very strong contender for aoty which is pretty impressive in a year where Ae have dropped 2 amaxing albums! 

• Like 2

Interestingly was at two record stores yesterday with the intention of buying this hopefully with the 88 cassette bundles with it; it's only being sold without in shops from what I saw..think I better buy the bundle online before it sells out...was tempted by the pinkish vinyl available too but can't find that online now...

57 minutes ago, Polytrix said:

Interestingly was at two record stores yesterday with the intention of buying this hopefully with the 88 cassette bundles with it; it's only being sold without in shops from what I saw..think I better buy the bundle online before it sells out...was tempted by the pinkish vinyl available too but can't find that online now...

That's the Bleep exclusive: https://bleep.com/release/202780-actress-karma-desire

1 hour ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

ackshually it's also available on Ninjatune, at least. but yeah, only available as a bundle. i contacted the Ninjatune customer service asking if there was some way i could buy the tape separately or offer it as a CD bundle, but the cowards never replied to me.

21 minutes ago, auxien said:

ackshually it's also available on Ninjatune, at least. but yeah, only available as a bundle. i contacted the Ninjatune customer service asking if there was some way i could buy the tape separately or offer it as a CD bundle, but the cowards never replied to me.

Just calling out that the crystal fuchsia version was available from Bleep, not about the cassette bundles, lack of clarity on my part ?

Bit annoying that they haven't sold the cassette separately, or extend the bundles as you say. 

I ordered from Ninja Tune, got the clear version and tape. My copy is a tad on the noisy side, which is a bummer. I'd have liked the options of the other copies, before buying. 

Edited by Shimon_Shimon
  • Like 1

To be fair, I don't actually have a tape deck to play the tape back perfectly so I may just opt for the fuscia exclusive and find a HQ rip of the tape instead. 

Are they offering 88 as a HQ digital rip?

It must be amazing to be at the level of artistry where you can just export 16 loops of a few patterns to fill in the blank space between your handful of feat. tracks.

i listened to it the other day when I was building a fence. Happy to listen to Darren when he is at the zenith of his celebrity.

so far this is sitting at 7/10 for me 

Edited by sheatheman

12 minutes ago, Polytrix said:

To be fair, I don't actually have a tape deck to play the tape back perfectly so I may just opt for the fuscia exclusive and find a HQ rip of the tape instead. 

Are they offering 88 as a HQ digital rip?

Looks like Ninja Tune have taken 88 down from Bandcamp.

No download code came with the tape (at least with my copy)