IGNORED

You're stuck on a island. You can only bring 5 artists.

watmmisdead

Keep in mind... we are on an island...

Lee Perry 

Desmond Dekker 

Enya

Brian Eno

Jimmy Buffet 

(I’m also assuming I’ll get rescued at some point... if not, I’ll swap jimmy buffet for JS Bach)

i need more information. stuck as in stranded and lost or just like a survivor type thing where i have to spend X amount of time on an island?

and you say "bring 5 artists" does that mean i can actually bring the artists with me to be stuck on the island? 

if so i'd just bring Grimes... because Elon would spare no expense to save his baby mama. 

Yeah, is this like 5 artists who's music I can listen to or 5 artists who can help me survive/escape or 5 artists I can have sexy times with? Because the answer is going to be very different in each case.

The Tuss

AFX

Polygon/Caustic Window

PBOD

Aphex Twin

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

Obviously there is no point bringing dead artists if they are to help with the ultimate survival on said island.

And what can they bring with them?

I mean, having Richard Devine along would be cool, but only if he could bring his mega racks of modular and a small power station to ensure we never ran out of juice.

Pink Floyd (you read that correct watmm mofo)

Aphex and all affiliated odd jobs on the side 

Snores Of Canada

Autechre (because I haven't worked out anything they have released post Elseq and that'll take a long time I wager)

Black Sabbath up to Mob Rules. Maybe New Order as I realise I play their music A LOT. Same as R.E.M. And Neil Young.

Fifth place is up for debate to be honest.

1. Manowar

2. Manowar

3. Manowar

4. Manowar

5. Manowar

but actually, in no particular order. 

1. Phex & all monikers

2. SP 

3. Herbie Hancock

4. YMO

5. Mike P & all monikers

approached it from a more macro perspective and think those 5 give me the diversity in tuneage I could survive with forever.

• Joyrex changed the title to You're stuck on a island. You can only bring 5 artists.
33 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

What islands would you bring if you were stuck on an artist?

preferably of the tax break variety, but not Jersey due to the whiff of Ted Heath allegations

None because I need to focus on getting off the damn island. Also don't wanna overlisten to any artists cuz I'd dislike them after I get off the island as it would remind me of my time as a castaway and may even ruin the artists for me.

Also how are we generating electricity? This question is very important.

Archived