IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

On 9/3/2020 at 10:15 PM, hello spiral said:

Love Phil, been for a pint with him a few times. No Joke.

You should join the xfestma as soon as they do another european version. Was last year on cyprus with phil and the gang.

Extremely inspiring. Good people.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Adamovich said:

This meme culture now kinda sucks, I know banter and all that, but imagine long-time music artists creating serious stuff just to see 300 memes about it, not cool. I'm expecting a serious transition from idiotic memes into forum jizzing how awesome the SIGN material is, really wish them to see that. 

4edbrc.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 5
  • Burger 1

On 9/9/2020 at 12:33 PM, Gocab said:

Yeah, this will be their Miami bass album

Yes! an awesome trap record by Autechre why not. Regarding L-event lets post this masterpiece here instead on now playing thread:

Edited by Diurn
  • Like 2

Holy fucking lol, you guys are dickheads :lol:

I guess I had too much wine yesterday, no idea why I wrote this, maybe my brain was too fried to comprehend the meme flow, hence the rant burp.  :wacko:  But at the same time I remember AE being fed up with bullwallet glitter meme contributions from 2013 during AAA. 

"Watmm, pls."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

On 9/8/2020 at 8:19 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

Albums could come in standardized packaging of all black, I buy albums to consume the medium of music.

I think the fact that it's not is a good indication that a lot of people tend to disagree. There are two matters to consider:

1. A lot of the artists want the art to reflect the music in some way, very often as part of a larger audio/visual 'package'. 

2. If you're going to have art, it might as well be good art. Putting out music as good as Ae, there's no point in packaging it in something that looks shit.

38 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Why would you consume the medium of music rather than the music itself?

Oops my bad. I meant media of music ?

1 hour ago, purlieu said:

I think the fact that it's not is a good indication that a lot of people tend to disagree. There are two matters to consider:

1. A lot of the artists want the art to reflect the music in some way, very often as part of a larger audio/visual 'package'. 

2. If you're going to have art, it might as well be good art. Putting out music as good as Ae, there's no point in packaging it in something that looks shit.

It’s a bit ironic using autechre as an example for this in a way, given that a ton of their live shows are done in pitch black no? 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

9 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:given that a ton of their live shows are done in pitch black no? 
9 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

given that a ton of their live shows are done in pitch black no? 

image.jpeg.099ceceded085de02f509ba93193ba62.jpeg

I figured it out, the second album will be named EXIT, after their nemesis the illuminated ‘exit sign’ (written backwards chiastically).

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Farnsworth 1

Is there a track title off sign that’s somewhat amenable to getting the “flep” treatment? ?

I have faith in you noble memers 

edit: unrelated but I think we might be going into this release blind, no teasers or snippets. Blind faith.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

the autechre brothers. "the signs" in 2020. october. i forget the date. i'm meeting up with them, the "boys" of autechre. sean, the one who thinks its sick to make beats super wacky is smoking a cigarette. a "joint." i don't know what he's thinking. he's vaping actually. robert, the shy one who does lush pads on the nord modular. he's just sitting there. we're watching youtube. sam keeps checking out videos like "top FIVE tips for using a PATCH BAY" and rob keeps going "lol" at this. i ask them my interview questions:

- what was it like to make this album? 

SAM: we were just messing about really.

ROBER: yeah, it's like a spaceship really. how like, a spaceship from an alien can land so elegantly.

SAM: yeah there's a mathematical formula which describes this.

- how does this record ("SIGNS") compare to other the autechres records?

SAM: we just mess about really. it's like any other record. although on this one we are using the software Maximillian.

ROBIN: this allows us to, instead of saying buying a synth, we can like, spend fifteen years designing it on our laptops.

SAM: yeah we finally got one that has two synth fart oscillators which cross modulate and create mental farts.

RON: yeah it's like 3D really. like aliens farting in 3D. proper liquid

- does this record fit into any genre?

SAN: genres are made up by the media who have no idea what they're talking about.

ROGER: yeah it's like, does a cube have a genre?

SAS: exactly! we're just making cubes really, and other geometric figurines. you can't really say these are idm can you?

- what's does idm mean to you?

SAN: i guess it's just music you cane with your mates where it sounds like you're listening to it from two rooms away even though you're using headphones.

ROD: yeah it's like if aliens were making techno in space and you could hear it but only accidentally through some unpredictable patch in Max/MSRP $74.

- if you could only have one piece of kit on a desert island what would it be?

SAFRIEL: digital performer 4 and my bmx bike.

ROCK: a desert island would be a well lush landing pad for an alien

- what inspires you?

SOHN: i'm in gescom

ROM: the architecture of guido sadalucci. it's like organic but in an alien way. like if an alien made those gestures.

SIT: yeah it's like you're walking downtown with your mom really.

ROSS: yeah it's well like that.

SOLID: yeah and she's like "SAMMY WOTS THAT ONE?" and she's pointing to the sadalucci and you're just smiling knowingly because she's scared and you're like "nah mum, don't even worry about it i know it looks alien but it's feckin lush mate." 

REGAL: yeah and she's still scare but she's proud of you that you can understand this kind of thing, that you can like look at this totally alien thing and see beauty in it. architecture is like the lush pads of objects. 

SUB: nah mate, it's like the beat fuckery.

- what's next for your band, the brothers "AE?"

SANJAY: i've been working on MAXFACTOR patches for 40 years and soon i'll be able to make the beats go absolutely insanely fast

ROPER: i'm designing a pad so lush it's become one of my children and i'm raising it carefully and with compassion.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 12
  • Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 2