Scanners, first and foremost.

but yeah, like, all of it. I agree with Gocab that stuff after Eastern Promises has been more hit and miss. and I also agree with Spiral that Antiviral is great. big hopes for Cronenberg Jr.

edit: one underrated lower-key movie of his that is definitely also worth seeing is Spider with Ralph Fiennes.

Edited by usagi

Scanners is fun but is nowhere near his best, basically if Ironside wasn't in it then it would be pretty bloody awful. The Brood is wonderful. 

Scanners is black plastic treasure. Personally I'm less a fan of Videodrome than most; sure it's cryptic & edgy, but on the whole it just doesn't deliver (like Cosmopolis, come to think of it).

Naked Lunch and eXistenz are is underrated IMO

Caught the last showing at a local theater of The Lobster & was entirely satisfied, even as a profoundly unsociable individual who often fails to grok narratives around romantic connections & deep friendships.

4 compulsory lapdances / 5

I don't understand the love for Scanners either, I find it very boring.

Haven't watched it for years and years though, maybe a rewatch is in place.

Edited by Gocab

only ever saw scanners when I was a teenager, so not sure how it holds up. didn't think it was much more than a fun movie with head explosions at the time though.

not seen the brood for some reason, downloading that now.

Man I really need to watch Crank 2

only ever saw scanners when I was a teenager, so not sure how it holds up. didn't think it was much more than a fun movie with head explosions at the time though.

not seen the brood for some reason, downloading that now.

yeah I was the same about Scanners. Watching it now though you realise how complex and non-conventional the plot is.

While to me The Brood is just another horror movie with people getting mysteriously bumped off before a slightly unconventional reveal.

The Arrival looks really interesting... or maybe I'm just interested in whatever Denis Villeneuve makes

Looks so great!! I had no idea he was going SCI-FI next <3

Does look interesting. The shortness of the trailer is a benefit in not showing you the whole movie.

edit: This is a much longer trailer than the one I saw. The short one was more mysterious. But I enjoy Villenueve, loved Prisoners.

Edited by olo

The Arrival looks really interesting... or maybe I'm just interested in whatever Denis Villeneuve makes

Looks so great!! I had no idea he was going SCI-FI next

Does look interesting. The shortness of the trailer is a benefit in not showing you the whole movie.

edit: This is a much longer trailer than the one I saw. The short one was more mysterious. But I enjoy Villenueve, loved Prisoners.

Prisoners was super solid right until

the old lady turned out to be the one behind it all... THAT weak old lady? Punch her in the face and get it over with. Also, I thought it was going to be a bit more cryptic.

Looks so great!! I had no idea he was going SCI-FI next <3

Prisoners was super solid right until

the old lady turned out to be the one behind it all... THAT weak old lady? Punch her in the face and get it over with. Also, I thought it was going to be a bit more cryptic.

I went with it, would have loved if she got her ass whooped up though.

Not sure what you mean by cryptic, but I thought the ending was just right.