IGNORED

Twitch AMA

NewSchoolScience

4 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Finished hour 2 of this last night - Has anyone asked him about the process behind their two super-long tracks (All End and Perlence subrange 6-36)?

All End was confirmed as a Rob track when he was answering questions in the youtube comments pre-2nd AMA. Nobody's asked about subrange yet.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Has anyone asked him about the process behind their two super-long tracks (All End and Perlence subrange 6-36)?

37 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

Nobody's asked about subrange yet.

i asked about Subrange about 4 times...a few others parroted that and asked a couple of times that i saw too...he either didn't see (possible) or didn't want to talk about it (probable). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, timmy otoole said:

you guys chat made the nme (dont ask me why i still read this thanks)  https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/british-dance-duo-autechre-claim-they-nearly-scored-metroid-prime-3286239

Eurogamer reported the same thing: https://www.eurogamer.net/turns-out-metroid-prime-was-almost-scored-by-electronic-duo-autechre

"we won't ever say who did what track"

"i don't know. you'd have to ask rob it's one of his"

lols. love it. separately and together they make the best music.  

hearing about what was used on some of the rob tracks reminds of a quote from one of the older interviews.. i think the sound on sound one.. 

"we're mutants.. we'll use anything we have. it doesn't matter" - or something like that.  and it's so true. whatever they use together or separately they fucking wail on it. 

• Like 1

Rob is like the big beast in Ae 

Bladelores 
All End
Perlence 

And that Rob knows how to do some crazy stereo effects 
Spaces How V: "You have to ask Rob about that, He doesn't even share it with me" 

I think it's more clear now to hear who is doing what. I don't want to diss Sean here but it feels like if I handpick a beast track its quite likely to be Robs tune. 

5 minutes ago, cern said:

Rob is like the big beast in Ae 

Bladelores 
All End
Perlence 

And that Rob knows how to do some crazy stereo effects 
Spaces How V: "You have to ask Rob about that, He doesn't even share it with me" 

I think it's more clear now to hear who is doing what. I don't want to diss Sean here but it feels like if I handpick a beast track its quite likely to be Robs tune. 

i'm gonna guess there's just as many tracks from sean that are the bomb. even just the snippets in the streams where he shared a bunch of clips. not to mention all the years of cohabitation in the studio. seems like obvious they're both killing it and always have been. together, solo .. whatever.. there's gonna be dope ae releases. 

oh, another rob track is Pro Radii i think right? or mostly rob? i forget. i think he said it was done by rob on MPC1000 w/the jjos.

but also, the live sets.. 'the system' .. i think it's impossible to separate it all. what if the bomb track came out of a thing that one of them designed and the other performed? or they passed it back and forth tweaking/adding max patches... yada yada yada.. 

besides..we all have our favorite tracks and most of them i have no idea if it was one or the other or both. 

i thought the one person who said a few times  "all the tracks have the same texture and sonic signature now that you're using max when before all the different bits of hardware gave it all a much broader texture and was less homogenized" - was hilarious and sean kinda laughed and made mention of "well what tracks do you think were made w/what gear?" or something. or 'it's not all max ya knob'.

• Like 3

Right? Hahah I also laughed so much at that comment, It sounded like me on my bitter sides with criticism at my fingertips. 
I had very mixed feeling in the beginning when they started with their Max-only approach. 
Still thinking it was the most amazing stuff they did 2001-2010 with the Nords, MPCs, Elektrons, chopped up beats, and trackers even! 
Like a blended mix of electronics everywhere. 

I know Sean doing beast tracks but we only hear about Robs tracks lol 

• Like 2

Another excellent AMA from Sean - love his openness - like a lot of my mates. chill, takes no shit, same humour, same critical eye. Just a wonderful person on top of their game and what a really amazing sonic game. Can;t wait for Confeld re-release

Does anyone know where i can checkout the music twitch jams Sean did/mentioned? Missed these

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cern said:

Right? Hahah I also laughed so much at that comment, It sounded like me on my bitter sides with criticism at my fingertips. 
I had very mixed feeling in the beginning when they started with their Max-only approach. 
Still thinking it was the most amazing stuff they did 2001-2010 with the Nords, MPCs, Elektrons, chopped up beats, and trackers even! 
Like a blended mix of electronics everywhere. 

I know Sean doing beast tracks but we only hear about Robs tracks lol 

As far as I understood, Sean did say that elyc6 0nset was his (and that is was done in one day!). Does that qualify as a  "beast"? I feel like it should...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ignatius said:

oh, another rob track is Pro Radii i think right?

I think he said Rob did the first section but the rest is a collab(?)

re: perlence, I was thinking about it some more. I would guess if they're all Rob's brainchild, perlence losid 2 is Sean giving it that plunder treatment. It's the one that stands out that way, and seems like something he'd do.

And yeah Sean has said shitloads of tracks were his (Sean's) lol 

Edited by toaoaoad
Clarification of "his"
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, springymajig said:

As far as I understood, Sean did say that elyc6 0nset was his (and that is was done in one day!). Does that qualify as a  "beast"? I feel like it should...

hell yes elyc6 is a beast and a half. a titan. a big squiggly god.

• Like 3

Yeah "sitting on dx tapping keys" about Cichli.. I think Sean said that because he made it, I think that track and Rae is the most played Ae-tracks for me. 

Even if they reveal who's doing what, it's remarkable how they can complement each other so well.
They always know what direction they are heading with the sound. 

?

• Like 3

sometimes knowing nothing is better than half a story, which is the main reason we hardly ever go into this stuff - the speculation is worse than a total lack of info.. so at the risk of kicking off a lot of further questions (which i will obviously refuse to answer) -

rob did the mpc bits of perlence and i did all the machinedrum/monomachine bits (you can figure out which are which). losid was me, and subrange 6-36 was me (literally just some of my parts slowed down).

pro radii was about 50/50, rob did the start and i did the end (the start is the best bit obviously).

on most tracks from that period as a general rule all the mpc bits were rob and the md/mm bits were me, with a few exceptions.

This will be my final post on this topic, no further questions pl0x, i'm off to eat, have fun

• Like 15
  • Thanks 13
  • Burger 7
  • Big Brain 1

22 minutes ago, Sean Ae said:

sometimes knowing nothing is better than half a story, which is the main reason we hardly ever go into this stuff - the speculation is worse than a total lack of info.. so at the risk of kicking off a lot of further questions (which i will obviously refuse to answer) -

rob did the mpc bits of perlence and i did all the machinedrum/monomachine bits (you can figure out which are which). losid was me, and subrange 6-36 was me (literally just some of my parts slowed down).

pro radii was about 50/50, rob did the start and i did the end (the start is the best bit obviously).

on most tracks from that period as a general rule all the mpc bits were rob and the md/mm bits were me, with a few exceptions.

This will be my final post on this topic, no further questions pl0x, i'm off to eat, have fun

Agree! Thank you Sean! 

By the way! Can we get some info about the Surripere kind of track you played in Barcelona this year.

Will it come out? ?

Enjoy your food anyway ?

1 hour ago, Draft78 said:

Nice. 

but at the cost of making dinner go sideways, I say: oversteps tour: the world doesn't deserve to wait for the end of the sun without having those soundboards 

:cisfor:

bon appettit 

Ok

1 hour ago, cern said:

Agree! Thank you Sean! 

By the way! Can we get some info about the Surripere kind of track you played in Barcelona this year.

Will it come out? ?

Enjoy your food anyway ?

We didn’t record that set but we got the two since 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Farnsworth 1