IGNORED

London 19.08.23

silentvision

Got an email from the festival Rosendal Garden Party that's happening in Stockholm in June. Aphex Twin is announced on June 10. The interesting thing is, it says it's his first live gig in Sweden, contrasting this with the DJ set at Hultsfredsfestivalen 1999. Let's have it! :rhubear3: Oh, also, tickets on Thursday at 10 am local time.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, unlimitn said:

Got an email from the festival Rosendal Garden Party that's happening in Stockholm in June. Aphex Twin is announced on June 10. The interesting thing is, it says it's his first live gig in Sweden, contrasting this with the DJ set at Hultsfredsfestivalen 1999. Let's have it! :rhubear3: Oh, also, tickets on Thursday at 10 am local time.

oh shit, gotta learn some swedish now on top of a bit of danish & dutch:) see ya's there

:aphexsign:  :aphexsign:  :aphexsign:                     :rhubear1:  :rhubear3:  :rhubear2:

2 hours ago, unlimitn said:

The interesting thing is, it says it's his first live gig in Sweden, contrasting this with the DJ set at Hultsfredsfestivalen 1999. Let's have it! :rhubear3:

from rosendal garden party email:

"Aphex Twin och Fever Ray är båda normbrytare som har påverkat såväl den elektroniska musiken som populärkulturen i stort under flera decennier. Två av den moderna elektroniska musikens främsta förnyare och mest mytomspunna artister i en exklusiv co-headline – 10 juni blir det verklighet!

Richard D. James är utan tvekan en av vår tids mest inflytelserika musiker. Sedan början av 90-talet har han under sitt alias Aphex Twin lett utvecklingen och influerat allt ifrån den elektroniska musiken till modern pop, hiphop och jazz. 1999 gjorde han ett dj-set på Hultsfredsfestivalen, men Rosendal Garden Party blir Aphex Twins första livespelning någonsin i Sverige.

Till Rosendal Garden Party kommer också en av Sveriges största musikaliska stoltheter, Fever Ray. Karin Drejer har – via Fever Ray, The Knife och Honey Is Cool – konstant utmanat både sig själv och samtiden sedan mitten av 90-talet. 10 mars släpps den nya skivan Radical Romantics och Rosendal Garden Party blir Fever Rays första spelning i Stockholm sedan de numera legendariska konserterna på Nobelberget 2018.

Biljetterna till Rosendal Garden Party 10 juni släpps på torsdag kl 10:00 via Eventim. Först släpps ett begränsat antal rabatterade early bird-biljetter, därefter släpps ordinarie biljetter.

Trodde du att det här var allt? Inom kort presenteras vi fler handplockade guldkorn och efterlängtade överraskningar. Sommaren är inte långt borta!"

"Aphex Twin and Fever Ray are both norm-breakers who have influenced both electronic music and popular culture at large for several decades. Two of modern electronic music's foremost innovators and most legendary artists in an exclusive co-headline – June 10th it will be a reality!

Richard D. James is undoubtedly one of the most influential musicians of our time. Since the beginning of the 90s, under his alias Aphex Twin, he has led the development and influenced everything from electronic music to modern pop, hip-hop and jazz. In 1999 he did a DJ set at the Hultsfredsfestivalen, but the Rosendal Garden Party will be Aphex Twin's first ever live performance in Sweden.

One of Sweden's greatest musical prides, Fever Ray, will also be coming to the Rosendal Garden Party. Karin Drejer has – via Fever Ray, The Knife and Honey Is Cool – constantly challenged both herself and the contemporaries since the mid-90s. On March 10, the new album Radical Romantics will be released and Rosendal Garden Party will be Fever Ray's first gig in Stockholm since the now legendary concerts on Nobelberget in 2018.

The tickets for Rosendal Garden Party 10 June are released on Thursday at 10:00 via Eventim. First, a limited number of discounted early bird tickets are released, then regular tickets are released.

Did you think this was all? Soon we will be presented with more hand-picked nuggets and long-awaited surprises. Summer is not far away!"

could this be an all aphex live show? holy sheet

:aphexsign:  :aphexsign:  :aphexsign:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, diatoms said:

sónar aphex time:)

Sónar by Night - Friday 16 June

:aphexsign:

On 2/13/2023 at 10:31 AM, diatoms said:

sónar festival with the phex it seems, i'll learn a bit of spanish as well:)

Or rather Catalan.

19 minutes ago, t yst r said:
On 2/13/2023 at 9:31 AM, diatoms said:

sónar festival with the phex it seems, i'll learn a bit of spanish as well:)

Or rather Catalan.

yes, i was thinking that last night it was catalan:)

• Like 1

Would be really happy if this burst of activity from Camp Aphex Twin heralded a new album. I’ve never jelled with Syro and the long time that’s passed since it was released hasn’t really exposed any unrealised gems. Though the non album tracks released, MarchromT30a & End2 are top notch Aphex tunes which just adds to my general malaise with the whole Syro project. I know I’m gonna be kicking myself to bits on that weekend for not seeing him live but a new album would be the perfect tonic ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

I know I’m gonna be kicking myself to bits on that weekend for not seeing him live

tickets still available

on the aphex reddit london show thread people are flying in from all over the world:)

locked in to all five shows

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:       

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, diatoms said:

that would be quite funny if he would expand the tour to 10 more countries now

4 minutes ago, o00o said:
7 minutes ago, diatoms said:

that would be quite funny if he would expand the tour to 10 more countries now

after lockdown anything is possible:)

10 minutes ago, o00o said:

you could work as a stage worker for him

i could do acid dancing on stage for the show like paul nicholson