770B1A75-1A55-4416-861D-E70DAFB9AD5F.jpeg

Hexadecimal translation: “Aphex Twin is coming back to Dour Festival!”

On 2/26/2023 at 8:48 AM, Rubin Farr said:
On 2/24/2023 at 12:30 PM, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

coming in thick n fast

reckon we rename this to the 2023 euro tour thread

770B1A75-1A55-4416-861D-E70DAFB9AD5F.jpeg

Hexadecimal translation: “Aphex Twin is coming back to Dour Festival!”

got my sixth ticket for the summer:)

:aphexsign:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

E52C96CB-A78C-4DA4-AE0D-803900E13C9E.jpeg

This snuck past me. 

@synthnews on instagram…

synthnews

A projection of Aphex Twin's logo has been beamed onto Buckingham Palace, sparking rumours that the seminal producer will be performing at the upcoming coronation of King Charles III.

Appearing in a green light upon the exterior of the Royal Family's seat and official London residence, the logo was visible over the upper Eastern wing of the palace for just 10 minutes — but was captured by a number of IDM-loving passers-by.

11 hours ago, DavieAddison said:

*imminence intensifies*

:aphexsign:

On 3/24/2023 at 12:31 PM, WhitleyStriber said:

way too much money for a eurotour unfortunately. only planning on seeing him domestically if he comes to the states

Domestic Gingerism

On 3/24/2023 at 7:31 AM, WhitleyStriber said:

way too much money for a eurotour unfortunately. only planning on seeing him domestically if he comes to the states

Same unfortunately, not holding my breath tho.

On 3/7/2023 at 3:05 AM, phudoshin said:

snarp eurotour 2? 

Would be nice! 

Guess I can hope and pray for some decent recordings... 

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

help me out WATMM fam...

unfortunately this year's lineup isn't exciting me anywhere near as much as 2017, but i can't tell if it's my ignorance or if it is actually shit.

can you guys vouch for anyone here that may be worth seeing?

i've already got the tickets, but debating whether to head down early or swing by in time for the phex spectacle

Kai Campos usually djs some pretty good techno, nothing out of the ordinary, he has sets online that you could check out

The lineup is actually shit, I'm just going to follow my ear I reckon, if you have little or no expectations there's little to be disappointed about?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

help me out WATMM fam...

unfortunately this year's lineup isn't exciting me anywhere near as much as 2017, but i can't tell if it's my ignorance or if it is actually shit.

can you guys vouch for anyone here that may be worth seeing?

i've already got the tickets, but debating whether to head down early or swing by in time for the phex spectacle

I love Bonobo, mostly for nostalgia reasons at this point, but I know he's not everyone's cup of tea.

Actress, Giulia Tess, Hagop Tchaparian, Jon Hopkins, and Kai Campos are great. I like some of Moderat and SBTRKT's stuff.

• Like 1

Agree the lineup isn't awe inspiring. Having said that last time I went, when Richard was playing, there was just groups of people just dressed up for the day in fashionable clothes posing for selfies. So for some the music isn’t the primary motivator. It’s just a day out. 

• Like 1

I'm going, we wanted to do a London trip this year anyway and this seemed like a good thing to anchor that around.

I think there's enough besides Aphex to make it worth it to arrive a few hours before his set at least.
I too like Bonobo for nostalgia reasons, Fever Ray is interesting musically, I've wanted to see Jon Hopkins for a while, I've seen and enjoyed Moderat.
SBTRKT, Actress, Hagop, Kai Campos interest me.

Paid for the fancy ticket cause we felt like splurging on something, I'm not expecting it to be super worth it tho.

• Like 1