IGNORED

RIP to our friend, MIXL2

MeMyTime

10 hours ago, MeMyTime said:

Thanks everyone for your condelences. I really appreciate hearing about your experiences with Miguel/MIXL2. I'll continue to lurk around the forums to make sure I don't miss any new comments. I'll probably also share this thread with his family and girlfriend, so that they can read your kind words.

His profile pictures were very iconic and I remember asking him about it as well. You're correct that they were from a favourite childhood book. He still had it and said he would show me one day, but we both forgot and I don't think he ever told me the book's name. 

Reveal hidden contents

I believe the "last login" date is from when his family/girlfriend accessed his phone.

If you could let his girlfriend know that chatmm (ie all the people she met in London) are all thinking of her

• Like 7

RIP. Sad to hear about his struggles but it’s good to know he has loved ones that are still here for him even in passing, and it’s cool he actually linked up with some of you here.

• Like 4

On 6/7/2023 at 7:56 PM, Joyrex said:

Really sad to hear this... and I thought I'd never have to add another Eternal Member ?

Yes I saw that. I didn’t realise there was such a thing. Nice touch skipper ☝️

5 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

I always thought the owl was Minerva's Owl... don't ansk me why... I thought I searched for the image back in the day on google images but apparently now I get no results...

I checked my PMs and I only have 2 there. None of which, sadly are about his favourite childhood book. There was a period when we really chatted about stuff, and I specifically asked him about those pictures. I can’t imagine this was done publicly because I was trying to cheer him up from his troubles. Though I could be wrong and the conversation was broadcast to all. Dunno. It’s all hazy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

don't wanna sound ego-centric but I guess it will seem like that but yeah he once commented on one of my soundcloud songs and he changed his username from MIXL2 to Owl Of Minerva and apparently after that to i0verfl0wman...
Screenshot_20230610-231821.thumb.png.501ef23d5ece0b23c8127e769d110770.png

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Like 3

On 6/7/2023 at 8:10 AM, kichiguy said:

I would love to know what this book was too! 

3 hours ago, beerwolf said:

I checked my PMs and I only have 2 there. None of which, sadly are about his favourite childhood book. There was a period when we really chatted about stuff, and I specifically asked him about those pictures. I can’t imagine this was done publicly because I was trying to cheer him up from his troubles. Though I could be wrong and the conversation was broadcast to all. Dunno. It’s all hazy.

3 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

I always thought the owl was Minerva's Owl... don't ansk me why... I thought I searched for the image back in the day on google images but apparently now I get no results...

I don't know how to forum so I'm just gonna quote everyone who seemed to be interested in the book.

I asked Miguel's mother earlier today and she said the name of the book was "The Legend of the Full Moon" by Michael Ende. The version of the book that Miguel had was in Spanish (or so he told me) but online the only version of the book I could find was in German. However, just a few weeks ago, someone on Twitter had made a post about having translated the book into English and having made a pdf file (but not uploaded it anywhere). I contacted the person and they uploaded the pdf to a Google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p-YEJTxmErKMG9BILJZvmUeC7LzUkugf/view

Speaking with the person, they said they almost didn't include all of the images because of the additional work. I don't believe in fate or anything like that, but this seems like an unlikely string of circumstances fitting together perfectly. Also, I appreciate people showing an interest in the book, because otherwise I might not have spent the time finding it, which I'm happy that I did

• Like 11
  • Thanks 8

On 6/7/2023 at 11:52 AM, hello spiral said:

If you could let his girlfriend know that chatmm (ie all the people she met in London) are all thinking of her

I have let his mom and girlfriend know and they appreciate your thoughts, and all the nice comments by everyone here.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, MeMyTime said:

I asked Miguel's mother earlier today and she said the name of the book was "The Legend of the Full Moon" by Michael Ende. The version of the book that Miguel had was in Spanish (or so he told me) but online the only version of the book I could find was in German. However, just a few weeks ago, someone on Twitter had made a post about having translated the book into English and having made a pdf file (but not uploaded it anywhere). I contacted the person and they uploaded the pdf to a Google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p-YEJTxmErKMG9BILJZvmUeC7LzUkugf/view

Speaking with the person, they said they almost didn't include all of the images because of the additional work. I don't believe in fate or anything like that, but this seems like an unlikely string of circumstances fitting together perfectly. Also, I appreciate people showing an interest in the book, because otherwise I might not have spent the time finding it, which I'm happy that I did

thank you for sharing. i've always had a soft spot for children's books, and this one was particularly nice... the art's connection with Miguel on this forum in my mind made it feel more substantial, and it was moving to read it through with that in mind.

he'll be missed around here, and is obviously leaving behind many who cared for him in the real world. he'll be remembered by many of us.

• Like 8

I echo the thoughts already in this thread - MIXL2 was a good guy and will be missed. His curiosity and honest approach to the world (at least to the world of music and this forum) was always joyous to read.

Deepest sympathies and condolences to his family and friends.

RIP MIXL2 - you're a straight G.

• Like 7

Mixl2 was one of this forum's members whom I felt I had the strongest bond to: he felt very genuine and authentic, and seeing him pop in various topics or in CHATMM always put a smile of my face. Thank you very much for letting us know, my sincere condolences to friends and family. RIP, Mixl2.

Edited by Stock
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

MIXL2 :boc:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

does anyone know the source of this track? i noticed it in the YouTube uploads thread and it seems like a floating 1hr+ ambient thing so maybe from elsewhere, but maybe from Miguel? i'm guessing it's some Milieu track maybe? i can't find it by name and it's not named like another person's tunes like he seemed to do for most of those... and i don't see it posted on his Soundcloud account: