IGNORED

RIP to our friend, MIXL2

MeMyTime

6 hours ago, Herr Jan said:

Fuck ? MIXL2 was a dear watmm and chatmm friend, around for a long time. Was great finally meeting him last autumn at the gig after talking for a decade. He was always very open about his mental state too. Needless to say, I did not see this coming at all. 

UGH 

One of the last tracks he posted in chat, we'll miss you MIXL ❤️

6 hours ago, beerwolf said:

This is very upsetting. He was as close as somebody can get as a proper friend to me on watmm. As I find the concept of being close with online folks a hard one to navigate (I’m not sure why this is). I honestly have been thinking it’s strange he’s been absent from BOC chat and was genuinely going to ask or PM him if he was okay, but I’ve been selfishly busy with my own problems the last few weeks. We private messaged each other a few times, which I wont discuss. I remember asking him about his profile pictures/painting’s because I really liked them, I think (I can check) they were from a favourite childhood book. 

I will be thinking of The Owl Of Minerva when I play the new BOC album. It will be sad because I know he was absolutely desperate to hear it himself.

Rest In Peace 

Both of these comments 100%. ?

This is really shitty news and completely unexpected. RIP 

fuck

7 hours ago, MeMyTime said:

Rest in peace, Miguel/MIXL2

Thank you for letting us know... ?

• Like 2

Seems surreal to note he was posting and reacting so recently, now he's gone - we always ended up in a lot of the same threads on here and we must've had a lot in common. He always seemed a positive and engaged guy I had no idea about his troubles, my thoughts go out to his family and the small comfort that he now knows peace. Goodbye MIXL2.

• Like 3

Man this was unexpected. Didn't know him that well of course but I remember seeing him in threads a lot. He seemed like a very nice guy with a passion for the music that gets discussed on here. It will be weird never seeing the owl in a thread again.

Rest in peace my man

• Like 1

Hate to see one of our own fall. All the watmms I've met have been superb folks, a few of which I consider some of my closest friends. No doubt if I'd met MIXL2 he would've been a kindred spirit as well ?

• Like 2

RIP Watmm brother. 

I know I've not been too active on this forum lately but I can only echo what others have said in that MIXL2 seemed like one of the decent ones when our paths crossed in numerous threads. 

I remember the mental health thread when he opened up about things. I was in a dark place a few years back. Music helps to a certain degree but reaching out to people and talking has been the key. 

• Like 3

Thanks everyone for your condelences. I really appreciate hearing about your experiences with Miguel/MIXL2. I'll continue to lurk around the forums to make sure I don't miss any new comments. I'll probably also share this thread with his family and girlfriend, so that they can read your kind words.

On 6/5/2023 at 9:49 PM, beerwolf said:

I remember asking him about his profile pictures/painting’s because I really liked them, I think (I can check) they were from a favourite childhood book. 

His profile pictures were very iconic and I remember asking him about it as well. You're correct that they were from a favourite childhood book. He still had it and said he would show me one day, but we both forgot and I don't think he ever told me the book's name. 

13 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:
  Reveal hidden contents

but I'm confused...

27901503_Screenshot_20230606-1309032.png.db816b0e4da69d4d0cdbc8e5c6c038c6.png

Spoiler

I believe the "last login" date is from when his family/girlfriend accessed his phone.

Edited by MeMyTime
  • Like 7