IGNORED

RIP to our friend, MIXL2

MeMyTime

Hello, WATMM forum. We don’t really know each other very well, but we have a common friend, known online as MIXL2 (although he changed his username here at some point to @YangYing). I’m here to let you know that MIXL2, or Miguel as I knew him, passed away on the 24th of April, and his funeral was held about a week ago.

I figured you all should know, since Miguel was a long-time member and frequent poster on this forum - having joined a few years after I first got to know him in middle school. He always used to tell me about the shenanigans people on here were up to, shared many threads he found interesting, and even made me sign up (even though I'm not much for forums). Miguel also told me he had a great time meeting with a bunch of you guys from here during a meet organised in the UK during autumn last year. Miguel made and loved music, and so the WATMM community was a big part of his life.

I have been thinking of posting this for a while, but never found the time or energy until now (and it took hours for me to write this). I was also hoping that by the time the funeral was going to be held, we would have learned how he died and that I could have shared that. All I can tell you right now (leaving out some details) is that Miguel was found dead one morning in bed and that the autopsy and test results have so far shown nothing abnormal, but they’re still (at a very slow pace…) running tests.

For some additional context: he was at a psychiatric care hospital when he died. Those of you who talked with him, or read some of his posts where he wrote about it, might have known about his mental health struggles over the last couple of years. I remember seeing some posts on these forums of people being very supportive and wishing him well during some of these times and it warms my heart to know members from this community cared about his well-being.

I don’t know if Miguel had any particularly strong bonds with any specific people on these forums, but if any of you were friends with him and want to be updated on the test results, want to share memories, or whatever else, feel free to shoot me a DM. If any of you had any contact with him on the 24th of April or the days before that, I would also appreciate if you DM me about that.

Finally, it seems only fitting for this forum to share a music video that Miguel shared with me many, many years ago that resonates with me and reminds me of him. Although, this is just one of many songs and artists he introduced me to. 

Miguel was one of my best friends and I still can’t understand that he’s gone. I don’t really know what else to say other than he was an amazing person who is dearly missed and loved.

Rest in peace, Miguel/MIXL2

• Like 5
  • Sad 63

That is devastating to hear, i always had good vibes with him, funny and full of passion for music, a good soul.

I knew he had some troubles but didnt know it was this bad. Rip owl buddy, we will miss you so much and never forget you ❤  

• Like 3

This is terrible news.

Yeah he attended 'CHATMMCon2022' ie the Autechre gig last October in London, had the pleasure of meeting him and his lady.

that's him down the front there in the hat

AJFCJaX8Uwr21EHbaU10SqogjmaC2P8IXCq7rWsU

AJFCJaW0IWb8RoOGNya8ajgleHT2cm66majmV2GT

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3
  • Burger 1

Fuck ? MIXL2 was a dear watmm and chatmm friend, around for a long time. Was great finally meeting him last autumn at the gig after talking for a decade. He was always very open about his mental state too. Needless to say, I did not see this coming at all. 

UGH 

One of the last tracks he posted in chat, we'll miss you MIXL ❤️

• Like 1

This is very upsetting. He was as close as somebody can get as a proper friend to me on watmm. As I find the concept of being close with online folks a hard one to navigate (I’m not sure why this is). I honestly have been thinking it’s strange he’s been absent from BOC chat and was genuinely going to ask or PM him if he was okay, but I’ve been selfishly busy with my own problems the last few weeks. We private messaged each other a few times, which I wont discuss. I remember asking him about his profile pictures/painting’s because I really liked them, I think (I can check) they were from a favourite childhood book. 

I will be thinking of The Owl Of Minerva when I play the new BOC album. It will be sad because I know he was absolutely desperate to hear it himself.

Rest In Peace 

• Like 9

sorry to hear this. RIP. I do remember him opening up on here about mental health struggles.

33 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

As I find the concept of being close with online folks a hard one to navigate (I’m not sure why this is).

could be due to the fact that it's hard to 100% trust someone's online persona. sure, hard to 100% trust anyone IRL as well... but at least you can get a sense of them through body language/vibes, which isn't possible really online.

• Like 1

Never knew him well but certainly felt his aura around here residually and I'm sure I've appreciated some of his posts here and there over the years. May his memory be for a blessing to all who were touched by his presence. Baruch dayan ha'Emet

• Like 1