IGNORED

Squarepusher - Ultravisitor 20th Anniversary Remaster

thumbass

I must say that the new album cover is pretty lame choice 
If it had that white fading into Teal color like the background behind Tom in the OG release it would have been slightly better. 

Anyway I guess I'll go for the digitals only. 

Now please re-release Go Plastic and will be all over it!! :squarepusher_logo:

Talking about digitals - hopefully someone can confirm that Tom doesn’t add tracks to albums on his personal bleepstore like Richard does.

Need to make sure to buy the digitals on the right platform. Wouldn’t want to splash out all over bandcamp while albums on his bleepstore can have some extra digital goodies.

12 hours ago, thefxbip said:

Someone needs to tell Tom to stop with this remastering business...

His 2000s ears were some of the best in the world. Why mess with these recordings? 

''Never entirely satisfied with the sound of the original release, Tom has taken the opportunity to bring out fresh dynamics and detail in the tracks.''

He shouldnt trust his 2024 ears smashed by years of live shows touring...

theses sound crushed and lacking in detail...

Only gave Iambic 9 a quick listen and I'm no expert but it sounds like theyve given the hi end a boost and widened the stereo field. It does sound a bit more crisp and clean, but also crushed and squashed. It kinda works ok for this track but it remains to be seen how well this approach will sound on some of the more abraisive stuff like Menelec or An Arched Pathway.

2 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Talking about digitals - hopefully someone can confirm that Tom doesn’t add tracks to albums on his personal bleepstore like Richard does.

Need to make sure to buy the digitals on the right platform. Wouldn’t want to splash out all over bandcamp while albums on his bleepstore can have some extra digital goodies.

He does. Dostrotime came with the Wendorlan single & remixes, Be Up A Hello with the Lamental EP, Vortrack single, NTS Mix & a Vicsynth test track.

image.thumb.png.657fa66e3f99be66f274b3062749a579.png

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, YEK said:

Why make this limited though? Bad move

I guess a 5000 units pressing is not that limited but I get your point. I think it is for people like me who will read "limited one time pressing" and smash the buy button without using their brain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, eye said:

He does. Dostrotime came with the Wendorlan single & remixes, Be Up A Hello with the Lamental EP, Vortrack single, NTS Mix & a Vicsynth test track.

image.thumb.png.657fa66e3f99be66f274b3062749a579.png

FMWT remaster didn’t come with anything, I think?

8 hours ago, Key said:

Only gave Iambic 9 a quick listen and I'm no expert but it sounds like theyve given the hi end a boost and widened the stereo field. It does sound a bit more crisp and clean, but also crushed and squashed. It kinda works ok for this track but it remains to be seen how well this approach will sound on some of the more abraisive stuff like Menelec or An Arched Pathway.

Dont fix whats not broken.

Feels off and anachronistic to impose 2024 taste on a 2004 track. 

What i hate the most is that now this most likely be the official standard version that people will encounter first.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

I've had to do some financial juggerling so I can buy this! Just  wondering myself what platform. His bleepstore maybe?

Edited by Caged Element

On 9/19/2024 at 9:25 AM, mcbpete said:

Wasn't expecting Acid Pro to be his DAW of choice, I thought he was still full hardware (and maybe some reaktor) back then. Perhaps chosen, like his brother, for his love for all things Acid-y

Are you sure it's Acid Pro and not Cakewalk Sonar? I think he still did most of his stuff in hardware with some Reaktor/Eventide dsp business. Definitely still using that QY700 and what not, certainly up to Hello Everything. I remember him saying in some old interview that he used something like Sonar to write 50 cycles and that it took him over a month to do all of the edits. Think he did them by cutting/pasting rather than using granulizers and things to get the edits 100% right for the tune. That's what that pic is probably about.

9 hours ago, Mr.Sensi said:

Are you sure it's Acid Pro and not Cakewalk Sonar? I think he still did most of his stuff in hardware with some Reaktor/Eventide dsp business. Definitely still using that QY700 and what not, certainly up to Hello Everything. I remember him saying in some old interview that he used something like Sonar to write 50 cycles and that it took him over a month to do all of the edits. Think he did them by cutting/pasting rather than using granulizers and things to get the edits 100% right for the tune. That's what that pic is probably about.

that's definitely acid pro. i used vegas pro extensively back in the day and always remember the two apps sharing a (pretty much) identical interface. still to this day some of the most intuitive pieces of software i've ever used.

1 hour ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

still to this day some of the most intuitive pieces of software i've ever used.

Absolutely agreed - If it wasn't for work needs requiring Premiere and plugins dropping support I'd probably still be rocking Vegas. Absolutely loved that l'il programme