IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Playing Dragon Age: Origins. I wanna beat it before the next one comes out. And I believe it comes out in a week from today. Can anyone recommend what DLC to get for this one?

Do you already have the Awakening expansion?

As for regular DLC, I'd recommend:

Warden's Keep (which is useful over the course of the game)

Witch Hunt

The Stone Prisoner

This is all the DLC for the game. I'm looking forward to 2. Pre-ordered the Signature Edition awhile ago. I have to wrap up Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow and Limbo soon so I can get on it as soon as possible.

No I don't have Awakening yet. I think I might wait an anticipated price drop. at $40, I might as well just get Dragon Age 2.

Thanks for the tips.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing through Dead Rising again, attempting only to use the most ridiculously

useless killing objects, (like the football) but not getting very far.

Also playing this game "Mushroom Man". Very simple and old school but stupidly addictive.

Mushroom Man

Got Dead Space 2 over the weekend - just got a short half hour in yesterday evening. . . too early to say, but I loved the first one and this one seems to be just as tightly focused. Only (very, very minor) complaints are the sometimes cliche horror movie motifs and that the main character has a voice now - I know a lot of people claim that this draws the player into an emotional connection, but I actually very much liked that the first game isolated you by giving no voice at all to the protagonist. Do love the way that you are given your main powers/weapons pretty early on - already jumped out of my seat a couple of times, so looks to be a promising, twisted trip.

It's a lot more fast-paced, as you probably noticed. Watch out for dem Leapers, they move a LOT faster and will be on your ass if you don't stasis them as soon as you see them. Stasis was the first thing I fully upgraded, can't live without it.

The voiceless protagonist idea fit well in the first game because it was slower, more brooding, more atmospheric. It would have been untenable in DS2, considering the exposition and plot expansion that was required.

Yeah - dig - I played for about hour or so last night - also have been putting all my nodes into stasis as it is, literally, a life saver. I'm less bothered by the voice of the protagonist as time goes on - I get what you're saying about it being somewhat necessary to the way the plot is moving along. Still, I kind of wish the dude sounded a little less like a pussy. Tends to take me out a bit when the game sort of falls into "horror movie/game" cliches, where the protagonist's all like "sharon? sharon!!! shit I lost the connection . . .SHARON!!!"

But, I mean, fuck it, the game RULES. Great expansion on the ideas from the first game - one thing I noticed last night - you can't "cheat" the game by moving away from where you expect the next monster to come from. I tried it in one area where I was routinely getting fucked up, expecting to get the drop on the spot where the first monster comes out of the ceiling - all of a sudden one bursts out of the ceiling riht beside me and I'm all FUUUUUUUUU wasting ammo and freaking out real good like.

Love it.

You'll be able to get more points soon...a quote from their facebook, "We're having another Double-XP weekend, starting March 4th and ending March 7th at approximately 10a PST both days. All Platforms (x360, PS3, PC, Wii) will see 2x the normal earn rate of XP & CP".

hit the 3rd prestige on black ops yesterday - I want to soldier through as many as possible because I've never got past the 3rd or so on any of the previous.

I'm currently in competition for the (real) online virtual IndyCar championship, using iRacing.com , the only true racing simulator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0swP3_jXRc

http://www.indycar.com/multimedia/content/41321/

Here's Trevor Bayne, Daytona 500 winner and youngest driver ever to win that event, learning the laser-scanned Daytona using the iracing.com software :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RkoG1MKvfU

Guest Sprigg

just ordered sacred 2, maybe good for a weekend or 2.

i'm looking for a generic baldur's gate type game that i can play co-op for 360. even arcadey like dynasty warriors. suggestions?

Lol Sacred 2. Incredibly boring single player, even for a loot-whore like myself. Co-op is okay as long as you can tolerate the cheese, glitches and extremely slow character movement. A weekend or two sounds about right.

I just downloaded Dungeon Siege 2, and so far it's a decent game (only about a half hour in).

hah !! do they ever have to change gear in that game.

That's Daytona. It's a track made for 100% gas input, drafting with groups of other cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKpU7yoQiXA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2o5e1g2fKI

Even more awesome :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJoi-1g0IzI

got back to GOW in the ps3 collection....im at the temple of the oracle....fun game but frustrating as hell...im worried that if im having trouble on this one, GOW3 is not for me.

got back to GOW in the ps3 collection....im at the temple of the oracle....fun game but frustrating as hell...im worried that if im having trouble on this one, GOW3 is not for me.

It's not too bad once you figure out what moves actually do the most damage, some of them look flashy but are mostly useless. I figured this out in god of war 3 in hard mode after watching some walkthroughs for crushing mode. I was just using the wrong strategies all together. Once I realized what moves work in what contexts, I progressed a lot faster, now I'm almost done with the game.

EDIT: oh yeah, best buy has a deal for buy 2 get 1 free on greatest hits for ps3 right now -> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat233400050007&type=category

It's not too bad once you figure out what moves actually do the most damage, some of them look flashy but are mostly useless. I figured this out in god of war 3 in hard mode after watching some walkthroughs for crushing mode. I was just using the wrong strategies all together. Once I realized what moves work in what contexts, I progressed a lot faster, now I'm almost done with the game.

EDIT: oh yeah, best buy has a deal for buy 2 get 1 free on greatest hits for ps3 right now -> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat233400050007&type=category

o snap this sounds like a great deal...just got a ten dollar cert for best buy too....

im thinking Uncharted, GOWIII (should i really go for this if i havent finished GOWI yet?) and either Demons Souls or Resident Evil 5...

o snap this sounds like a great deal...just got a ten dollar cert for best buy too....

im thinking Uncharted, GOWIII (should i really go for this if i havent finished GOWI yet?) and either Demons Souls or Resident Evil 5...

demons souls is a good choice, I'd probably grab both uncharted games or just the second one. infamous is fun as well. mgs4 toooooo. Can't speak for all of the games such as ass creed or the ratchet and clank games cause i havn't got around to them yet.

Just finished Killzone 2. Started playing Metal Gear Solid 4 (finally!). :)

I wished they'd issue a trophy patch for MGS4 so I could have an excuse to play through the game again... Killzone 3 is highly recommended if you just finished 2. Picks right up where 2 left off (sort of).

I'd say Uncharted (1 or 2) - excellent games. I didn't play GoWIII until I finished I and II so I could enjoy the continuing storyline...

Demon's Souls won't be playable much longer (although they did agree to keep the servers running for now) with the sequel coming out by year's end if not early next year.

I accidently ordered BioShock 2. I loved the first one for its atmosphere so I'll probably enjoy being back in Rapture in the sequel/prequel/whatever.

Archived