IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually bought it because I plan on writing my exam project about the BioShock franchise. I've already written one paper about BioShock and objectivism (Ayn Rand) and I hope this one brings more meta-philosophy to the table.

Just finished Killzone 2. Started playing Metal Gear Solid 4 (finally!). :)

I wished they'd issue a trophy patch for MGS4 so I could have an excuse to play through the game again... Killzone 3 is highly recommended if you just finished 2. Picks right up where 2 left off (sort of).

got back to GOW in the ps3 collection....im at the temple of the oracle....fun game but frustrating as hell...im worried that if im having trouble on this one, GOW3 is not for me.

It's not too bad once you figure out what moves actually do the most damage, some of them look flashy but are mostly useless. I figured this out in god of war 3 in hard mode after watching some walkthroughs for crushing mode. I was just using the wrong strategies all together. Once I realized what moves work in what contexts, I progressed a lot faster, now I'm almost done with the game.

EDIT: oh yeah, best buy has a deal for buy 2 get 1 free on greatest hits for ps3 right now -> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat233400050007&type=category

o snap this sounds like a great deal...just got a ten dollar cert for best buy too....

im thinking Uncharted, GOWIII (should i really go for this if i havent finished GOWI yet?) and either Demons Souls or Resident Evil 5...

I'd say Uncharted (1 or 2) - excellent games. I didn't play GoWIII until I finished I and II so I could enjoy the continuing storyline...

Demon's Souls won't be playable much longer (although they did agree to keep the servers running for now) with the sequel coming out by year's end if not early next year.

There are some cool features that become available by playing online, but it certainly isn't necessary. All it does is allow user-created messages to show up on the floor, and allow for some pvp stuff and some co-op stuff in certain areas but I don't even make use of those anyways. The heart of the game is still worth playing without those features.

Just finished Killzone 2. Started playing Metal Gear Solid 4 (finally!). :)

I wished they'd issue a trophy patch for MGS4 so I could have an excuse to play through the game again... Killzone 3 is highly recommended if you just finished 2. Picks right up where 2 left off (sort of).

got back to GOW in the ps3 collection....im at the temple of the oracle....fun game but frustrating as hell...im worried that if im having trouble on this one, GOW3 is not for me.

It's not too bad once you figure out what moves actually do the most damage, some of them look flashy but are mostly useless. I figured this out in god of war 3 in hard mode after watching some walkthroughs for crushing mode. I was just using the wrong strategies all together. Once I realized what moves work in what contexts, I progressed a lot faster, now I'm almost done with the game.

EDIT: oh yeah, best buy has a deal for buy 2 get 1 free on greatest hits for ps3 right now -> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat233400050007&type=category

o snap this sounds like a great deal...just got a ten dollar cert for best buy too....

im thinking Uncharted, GOWIII (should i really go for this if i havent finished GOWI yet?) and either Demons Souls or Resident Evil 5...

I'd say Uncharted (1 or 2) - excellent games. I didn't play GoWIII until I finished I and II so I could enjoy the continuing storyline...

Demon's Souls won't be playable much longer (although they did agree to keep the servers running for now) with the sequel coming out by year's end if not early next year.

There are some cool features that become available by playing online, but it certainly isn't necessary. All it does is allow user-created messages to show up on the floor, and allow for some pvp stuff and some co-op stuff in certain areas but I don't even make use of those anyways. The heart of the game is still worth playing without those features.

Oh, that's cool - I thought the whole soul concept required online to work.

I actually bought it because I plan on writing my exam project about the BioShock franchise. I've already written one paper about BioShock and objectivism (Ayn Rand) and I hope this one brings more meta-philosophy to the table.

It's really fun though. The control response and combat feels better, but it's just not as easy to get attached to the story, doesn't feel as mysterious I guess.

Guest AcrossCanyons

The second bioshock really, really sucked

I hope you're wrong as I bought it for Christmas and haven't started playing yet ...

Don't worry, s/he is indeed wrong.

the second one is fine.

if anything, the gameplay mechanic is improved, what with you be able to use both hands at once.

sure its not as groundbreaking as the first, but its a fun experience. it doesnt suck by any means.

whilst there's absolutely nothing wrong with the game mechanics, it seemed to me that the developers completely failed to grasp what it was that made the first one fresh and original and awesome when it came to plot. it was more of the same, without the freshness and originality. they could have done a lot better with it.

that being said i have high hopes for the new one.

Haven't played it yet but I can see what you mean. Rapture was a mysterious place and it seems that all its secrets were unravelled, so if they don't really dig any deeper in the sequel then I can see that it would lose some of its magic.

I'll see - the thing that grabs me the most about a game is usually the environment and sound design, and chances are they're at least technically on a similar level to Bioshock 1, so I might like it. But I'll wait until I have my projector before I play.

I'll see - the thing that grabs me the most about a game is usually the environment and sound design, and chances are they're at least technically on a similar level to Bioshock 1, so I might like it. But I'll wait until I have my projector before I play.

3-D projector ??

Guest Sprigg

I absolutely loved Bioshock 1 and 2. The second, I prefer for gameplay, and the first for story and atmosphere... Sander Cohen is easily one of my favourite video game characters of all time.

i'd put sander up there in my top 10... higher than andrew ryan (and that is really saying something), and definitely higher than any of the weak-ass 'characters' in bioshock 2. unnecessary sequel was unnecessary.

Guest AcrossCanyons

Haven't played it yet but I can see what you mean. Rapture was a mysterious place and it seems that all its secrets were unravelled, so if they don't really dig any deeper in the sequel then I can see that it would lose some of its magic.

I can see what you mean, but seeing the world through a whole other pair of eyes (not as an outsider anymore, but as somebody who knows the world of rapture [as in both playing as a big daddy AND having already played the 1st yourself]) was incredibly interesting to me - a whole new perspective.

(Actually, you get to see the world through TWO characters eyes in the game but I won't spoil anything. It's definitely worth plaything the whole game through.)

Guest Pennywise

the trap and defence aspect of Bioshock 2 was really cool. i dont like the controls though, changing ammo type, plasmids and weapons can be a pain when your getting shot at. i play on PC.

Holy shit, that looks awesome.

It's basically Autechre: The Game

I'd just like to say that this little beauty is a gem. It's free to download and I recommend people check this out. I can't do the bloody sequencer on the second part though. Kaini you had any luck with this?

The maker reckons since the attention he's been getting that he'll have a full version, or at least an expanded version of Fract out by the end of 2011. Here's hoping!

Archived