IGNORED

Actress - Ghettoville

Redruth

Guest nene multiple assgasms

only some of the tracks are in mono, right? or is my mind playing tricks on me like geto boys? geto boys ghettoville lol

anyway, I like the album so far. it's not as immediately transcendent like r.i.p, but then some of his best tracks have taken a while to sink in and infect my brain.

The snare hit in rims has a stereo reverb, there seems to be a tiny amount stereo reverb on image when the "lead synth" comes in. Rap is stereo all the way. You're not hearing things.

Might be the last from Actress but pretty sure it won’t be last we hear from Darren Cunningham. Be interested to see what he does next and if he really does retire the Actress moniker

Only had 1 listen to this but first impressions were very good and makes sense as a squeal to Hazyville, follows a similar theme but took to its logical conclusion.. Not sure if it will surpass RIP as my fav by him tho, will have to listen more and see!

I don't think this one is up to the standard of the others… hope Hazyville gets a vinyl release on its own (I've heard it's going to)

I think I remember reading Hazyville's getting a standalone CD repress at least, not sure where I got that from. It's up for pre-order on Amazon UK but with a release date of December 31, 2014. :cerious:

Here are my thoughts. It seems weak in comparison to his other releases. If the whole album were as good as "Birdcage" or "Our" it would be an 9/10 album. "Birdcage" is really blowing my mind at moment. The concept of the album doesn't feel overt. RIP is still my favorite album by old mate Actress.

Here are my thoughts. It seems weak in comparison to his other releases. If the whole album were as good as "Birdcage" or "Our" it would be an 9/10 album. "Birdcage" is really blowing my mind at moment. The concept of the album doesn't feel overt. RIP is still my favorite album by old mate Actress.

mmyes, i very much agree

photo-13862.jpeg?_r=1360014737

My most listend track at the moment is Forgiven. I also like Rims, that funny whistle sound, and Street Corp with the subdued bass and melody. Corner is cool too.

The fact that he found old music and sampled it cheapens it somehow for me though, but I like the aesthetic. Basically mood loops with good defined noisy sound. Not sure it works as a whole album for me, I like the first few tracks the most

Guest nene multiple assgasms

how did anthony not like r.i.p, but he gets into ghettoville so easily? he should definitely revisit it.

Gave this a first 'proper' listen yesterday, I had to turn it up pretty loud to get anything out of it and even then not much was going on. I don't mind emptiness per se but this seemed boring, like it took half the album for something other than silly noises to even happen. I'm going to keep on listening to this for a while but if I hadn't already bought it I'd have probably given up at this point.

how did anthony not like r.i.p, but he gets into ghettoville so easily? he should definitely revisit it.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I love Fantano but I can't even. Can't

Edited by digman