IGNORED

Actress - Ghettoville

Redruth

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Ride the bus through sprawling suburbia and be the only white person on the bus while streaming this from NPR. You will feel it then.

yes! nailed it

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I think I get why he went with mono on most of the tracks now. the mono mixes make me feel like I'm stumbling around in the dark and can only see what's directly in front of me. perfect night time music.

Yeah listened to this late last night with a glass of red and it sounded awesome. Also is nice to listen to while drifting off to sleep

I love this album and I am a big Actress fan but is anyone else amazed by how much press this album has got? Even mainstream sites like Guardian and NME have been wanking over it. Not that am complaining just seems weird for a fairly experimental techno album to get so much coverage where as other similar music is normaly completed ignored.

Ghettoville is the bleached out and black tinted conclusion of the Actress image.

Where the demands of writing caught the artist slumped and reclined, devoid of any soul, acutely aware of the simulated prism that required breakout.

Four albums in and the notes and compositions no longer contain decipherable language.

The scripts now carry tears, the world has returned to a flattened state, and out through that window, the birds look back into the cage they once inhabited.

Spitting flames behind a white wall of silence.

The machines have turned to stone, data reads like an obituary to its user.

A fix is no longer a release, it's a brittle curse. Zero satisfaction, no teeth, pseudo artists running rampant, but the path continues.

R.I.P Music 2014.

Actress

loool

he's so pretentious it's kind of bewildering

Ghettoville is the bleached out and black tinted conclusion of the Actress image.

Where the demands of writing caught the artist slumped and reclined, devoid of any soul, acutely aware of the simulated prism that required breakout.

Four albums in and the notes and compositions no longer contain decipherable language.

The scripts now carry tears, the world has returned to a flattened state, and out through that window, the birds look back into the cage they once inhabited.

A fix is no longer a release, it's a brittle curse. Zero satisfaction, no teeth, pseudo artists running rampant, but the path continues.

R.I.P Music 2014.

Actress

loool

yeah actress is reaaaaaaallllly far up his own ass. what with the "rip music 2014" bullshit... so lame

this is what i meant when i posted that ^

I'm actually excited to read such reflections of a fellow negro man. It's like seeing that director McQueen who looks like Carl Cox yet make films like Shame aimed at very deep troubles in yuppie's sex life, with artfully alienated view on depicting sex act and smart use of Bach's music. No offense to negros, my favourite race actually (except women, but that's an animal in me).

i was disappointed by this at first, but it has grown on me some. i think i like it about as much as splazsh, which means less than hazyville and r.i.p. surprised to see that people who were down on r.i.p. are enjoying it

R.I.P Music 2014.

Actress

loool

yeah actress is reaaaaaaallllly far up his own ass. what with the "rip music 2014" bullshit... so lame

this is what i meant when i posted that ^

gotta say though, it takes balls posting that in the face of inevitable mockery.

it is wank though.

You guys don't know what he had to do/where he had to go to get this music. You really think he just pitch shifted some redrum beats in ableton? He has been to dark places. Where can one go after they've made something like RIP? He is interdimensional. He has been to a nightmare world that David Firth has not yet dreamed.

I must say, this album did the business for me last weekend.

Massively hungover saturday morning, threw up my breakfast....twice. Went for a walk (ended up being a 5 hour walk) into town.

To begin with I listened to the first and/or second tracks of about 5 albums, each time changing the album as could not focus or empathise with the music due to feeling shitty and full of dread.

Remembered I had chucked this album on my ipod that morning so stuck it on.

As I said, it did the business. It fit perfectly, no other way to describe it.

It was what I needed.

I must say, this album did the business for me last weekend.

Massively hungover saturday morning, threw up my breakfast....twice. Went for a walk (ended up being a 5 hour walk) into town.

To begin with I listened to the first and/or second tracks of about 5 albums, each time changing the album as could not focus or empathise with the music due to feeling shitty and full of dread.

Remembered I had chucked this album on my ipod that morning so stuck it on.

As I said, it did the business. It fit perfectly, no other way to describe it.

It was what I needed.

You're getting it now. You need to be aware of the miserable creature you are in reality, in unfiltered darkness. The album resonates more intensely the closer you are to that realization.

You're getting it now. You need to be aware of the miserable creature you are in reality, in unfiltered darkness. The album resonates more intensely the closer you are to that realization.

:cerious:

:trashbear:

Edited by Marked x 0ne