IGNORED

Actress - Ghettoville

Redruth

Trying to decide whether to listen or not.

I'm waiting until the album comes out.

I'm waiting until Actress gets good.

jk jk :lol: I'm not a hater, I listen to his stuff

Trying to decide whether to listen or not.

I'm waiting until the album comes out.

I'm waiting until Actress gets good.

jk jk :lol: I'm not a hater, I listen to his stuff

I lol'd

first impression: flows extremly nice, way better than r.i.p. from the musical side: way more wonky 80 trash sampling that would I expect, but it seems like the mode du jour of modern day experimental producers. deep stuff and a lot of progression and stuff happening. can't say at all if i like it or not that's what I love about Actress. "Skyline" is my favourite right now.

Guest Maurice

Are we sure the final release will be mono?

I just got my copy (Japanese edition out a few weeks earlier) and it's in mono. I'm not sure how I feel about this...

Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

just listened to some tracks of the album (full listen will follow when i buy the album), and i think this maybe will become one of my favourite actress releases.

Guest trananhhung

Could someone explain me why I don't like the album, when I loved R.I.P and most of the tracks from his first two albums? I like Grey Over Blue a lot though.

I'm glad I actually gave this a chance. It turns out I like this WAYYY more than his last Album.

hmm ok -- i often find my tastes collude with yours so mayhaps this is a good sign.

at any rate, it will arrive on tuesday and we shall see.

This great work my frens. "Our" is best track? all time. I think. Many good things on. Not wrong in any. In similar to some thing I have made for pass year(s).

I had read on eemusic, staph reviewer had said "not many club offering for dance floor" or "album further obscure artist intent" and like. Has ever the actor(s) been concern with dance track? Some come out inadvertent, but from Hazyville and on, has been more about texture of sound and imagery. Beside, can it not be dance to anyhow? I once dance to "Deep Blue Day" at wedding.

So, question: had you care about "club floor" track from Actre(s)? Or not?

I'm for the mono. I need to find someone to listen to this with, mono y mono.

lol

listened to the preview on NPR but not intently (was doing things around the house) - good first impression though

Got this today in CD form, although no listing yet on discogs and itunes and aren't usually CDs released on tuesdays? lol well I got a 1 day advanced release I spose

It's ok - but I still don't get all the hullaballoo. Vladislav Delay did this better like 10+ years ago... :shrug: I guess it's taken that long for this kind of style to be co-opted by the pitchfork mainstream

Mr. Lopez...OUCH! I do not think this is quite similar to Vladislav Delay. I think they are both good. I think Multila is my favorite. I think some of the more recent Vladislav has been slim pickings, like he started in a nice direction but veered off, imo ofc.

Also re: Pitchfork lamestream: such is the state of electronic music as a whole right now. It's much more popular than 10 years prior. Pitchfork is just as likely to include some sincere electronic effort in "BNM" alongside the next Echopark minimal-gaze meets Williamsburg Yacht-step band called "Dear Blindz", though the electronic stuff has been absorbed by the general hipster hivemind and spawned many mongrels.

So far I don't think this is quite as strong as RIP was as an ALBUM STATEMENT, but as a general aesthetic thrust, I think it is quite smart. And mono.

nah i'm talking about grainy atmospherics with hints of rhythm and beats fading in and out. Seriously just listen to Vantaa or Kuopio or like all of Multila apart from Huone. Seems to be trying to capture the same aesthetic but Sasu prefers the long track carefully crafted approach while Actress seems hellbent on making unfinished sketches a emotionally moving statement - it can work but I don't think he has the talent to pull off the AFX "ya i just made these soundscapes when i was falling asleep w/e i know they're great tho" thing. not yet maybe.

w/e

he skates a fine line imo, where some of his stuff definitely hits that afx " "ya i just made these soundscapes when i was falling asleep w/e i know they're great tho" mode but a lot of it doesn't. After all the criticism i've piled onto the guy I definitely think he's onto something, and I'm looking forward to how he continues to evolve.

but yeah i understand the atmospheric comparison, but comparing the quality of their musical output would be like comparing Markus Popp to Daniel Loptain

Edited by John Ehrlichman