IGNORED

Actress - Ghettoville

Redruth

Guest murphythecat8

Splazsh never quite clicked, but I still find myself liking R.I.P more with each listen. I don't have Hazyville yet but I like what I've heard of it better than Splazsh, so I'll probably end up with that boxset.

yeah, RIP is nice, but all his other albums are really unlistenable imo. Ive tried but cannot like it.

Edited by murphythecat8

Yeah I think yr doing it wrong cuz the first two albums are mint, splazsh especially. Then again I've loved everything I've heard from him with the possible exception of rainy dub, which I just find boring.

Hope he doesn't call it quits on this, I've got no problems with an artist retiring a moniker (I actually find it refreshing, provided they're able to resist the temptation to un-retire it for a cash in later), but I was under the impression that this -ville ting was supposed to be a trilogy.

Salvatorin, that's a great track. I don't know maybe it's time to try Splazsh again. I got Splazsh and R.I.P at the same time and I think my instant preference for R.I.P might have given it an unfair advantage. I haven't spent nearly as much time with Splazsh.

Still, I always assumed I would like Hazyville better but put off getting it because that reissue was in the works (and has been for at least a year I think).

Hazyville is a must. Redit 124? If you haven't blasted that one then you don't really know Actress do you? Crushed? Green Gal? COME ON!!!

I don't see Wee Bey in the tracklist for GHettoVille; I get the feeling that it is a fake list. Or Wee Bey is just a taster.

Actress posted a early edit of N.E.W. named "My Dolphin is actually a Penguin (Going Under for the Day Edit)" on his SC for about 5min before RIP was released. I have it somewhere, it's a nice stripped-down version. Going by that, Manuel will most likely be on Gville in some format due to the "Ghettoville premaster" tag it has. Probably much more dense, though.

Edited by bubbhasdance

I think I'm one of the few people who think that Splazsh is his best work though. Most people either like Hazyville or R.I.P.

nah, I like Splazsh more than either of those as well.

• 1 month later...
Guest bitroast

https://bleep.com/release/47717-actress-ghettoville

am i mistaken?? ghettoville is is $27 dollars on record`.

hazyville is being pressed to vinyl for the first time and only available as part of some "elephant skinned boxset" worth $135?

does any one know if hazyville will be sold separately on vinyl??

what is this some sort of deranged farce??