oscillik

Yeah I didn't watch any of the prequels.

Just got home from it. T'was good. Some great moments and great scenes, score did feel a touch rushed/undercooked/uninspired. The film felt a little too much like modern Hollywood, I guess? Just more action than expected (though it still wasn't much). This isn't noir in the least.

The ladies in the film were superb, dudes as well for the most. All around pretty solid acting, and the story itself was good if a little too heavy-handed while still being a touch empty.... but I'll save the specific nitpicking for when spoilers are allowed in a few days.

Don't expect the original Blade Runner feels, not that anyone was going to, but this is definitely not hitting those notes, nor is really trying to. 

imo it's wrong to even try to make a comparison of zimmer, a generic ost composer and a genius-level composer like vangelis. it's like comparing euro-dance to autechre

it's not really a zimmer ost at all. just the usual villeneuve low brass stabs and some noisia basslines. bit of sexy whale noise pads. 

i am pretty sure https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%B3hann_J%C3%B3hannsson did the most of it before some dick exec clobbered the over guys on it to add a few melodic elements. imho. speculaiton based on what i heard

there was something about the sound/score i didn't get and i don't see it mentioned elsewhere. there was this loud, skrillex like, saw-wave shaped ascending sound during the shots of the city. very reminiscent of the ending of portishead's "threads". so wtf was that about? was that a part of the score or some kind of industrial machinery making this sound in the film world? it was stupid in any case, but i'm just curious what was it supposed to be.

there was something about the sound/score i didn't get and i don't see it mentioned elsewhere. there was this loud, skrillex like, saw-wave shaped ascending sound during the shots of the city. very reminiscent of the ending of portishead's "threads". so wtf was that about? was that a part of the score or some kind of industrial machinery making this sound in the film world? it was stupid in any case, but i'm just curious what was it supposed to be.

It's the soundtrack. Check out the track 'Sea Wall' - it's a really jarring, awful sound. Zimmer's trademark really.

pretty decent review, not having exactly the same sort of major gripe i did, but very perceptive of the stupidities of the script:

i also really liked that baseline inspection scene she pointed at that i forgot to mention. it was very technical and original with this fast barrage of dictated sentences and the quick and repetitive responses of the protagonist, it felt very lived in and organic to the world, which helped show what the replicants are undergoing in this world without actually blatantly explaining it to the viewers. probably one of the few inspired scenes in the film.

Edited by eugene

some one on this electronic music forum please explain synth sounds to me.